Interesting Review/update Article On The Midodrine/proamatine Saga

MightyMouse

I actually have read a few articles in the past few weeks that stated the FDA is considering the extended trial offers from the cardiology group and Mayo. We'll see what happens, but at this point, Shire has no financial reason to continue--the medication already went generic.

Interesting. Thank you for posting!!! I have had trouble getting my full prescription the last two months and was wondering what was going on. In fact, several months ago, when I took my first RX of Midodrine to my pharmacy to fill it for the first time, my pharmacist told me that it was no longer available and was off the market. After several phone calls and an hours wait, he figured out he was wrong :)

Midodrine's side effects are mostly having "goose bumps" all over. It can also cause high bp while laying down so my doc told me not to take it within 4 hours of bedtime. Any side effects are very short lived b/c midodrine only stays in your system for a max of 4 hours per dose--so if it's something you can't tolerate for some reason, it'll only be in your system a short time and then gone.