Really dizzy today

carlacat

Okay..I usually get the normal dizzy spells when I turn my head too fast or if anything moves around me fast which I think is a regular fibromyalgia thing but when I got up this AM I have been dizzy every since. The only way I find to make it better is to lay down. Of course its "period" time also but its never affected me this bad before. I kinda over did it also yesterday so maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe just a bug..who knows but I want the world to quit spinning around me.

Anyone ever have this problem of severe dizzines??

Thanks

Carlacat

I often have nausea and lightheaded feelings, but twice now in the last 4 weeks or so I've had really bad vertigo or dizzy spells. I notice it first lying in bed then when I get up to use the bathroom the room is actually spinning. Real strange. Then even when I get back in bed and it seems to subside, I roll over and poof the room is spinning again. Both times it only lasted maybe half a day.

It is strange indeed.

This happens to me ALL the time- I will just wake up dizzy sometimes, and first notice it when I roll over in bed. It usually subsides by the afternoon- but definitely is markedly worse when I'm on my period (like right now). Yesterday I was rocking the baby to sleep and I was walking back and forht in his room and POOF I had to lay him down and go lay down myself, everything just started spinning, and it took 2 hours for me to recover. I have no idea why this happens, but it is no fun :)

carlacat, Have you been checked for anemia? I know when I was anemic or when I was suffering blood loss from my periods or from an arterial/venous malformation in my stomach that I did not know about, it made me REALLY dizzy. The really bad kind of dizzy, like woozy. What I'm saying is, I had your symtomology when I suffered blood loss. Also, when I did too much, like push myself to go to work everyday despite my ailment, I suffered very much with the above symptom. I think it's because my body couldn't take working. lol. It certainly felt awful. I remember thinking to myself, "I wonder how long all these other people would last at this job if they felt as bad (and dizzy) as I do on a routine basis?" I also felt like you when I was in Reno, NV and in California in the mountains at a higher elevation (altitude sickness). Talk about dizzy!? Phew, that was a natural high! I really couldn't see straight. I held onto my husband for dear life.

Sorry for the rambling. I know how tough it can get when your body reminds you that something is wrong. Make sure you don't have any gas leaks in your house or odors that you might be sensitive to. And check side effects of any medications.

I hope you feel better soon.

Interesting note about altitude sickness--or at least, being strongly affected by altitude. I was in Cuzco, Peru (and even higher elevations) in 2000, 2 years prior to developing full-blown POTS. I was really sick for the first two days, practically from the moment I got off the plane, and could barely get out of bed. Every time I sat up the room spun and I felt like I couldn't breathe. No one else I was with was having any serious problem. I realized at that time that my body for some reason isn't as adaptable as others, but had no idea what was going on! After a couple of days, I got much better and was able to hike along with everyone else. But, I don't think I'm ever going to try going so rapidly to a high altitude again.