Link Between Mitochondrial Dysfunction In The Hypertensive

RichGotsPots

Here is the full abstract of the study http://hyper.ahajournals.org/content/51/2/412.full . Many of us are believed to have Mitochondrial Deficiencies and we are not sure if it is primary or secondary. But it could play a role in a lot our fatigue and other symptoms. I also have a theory that many of our symptoms are a result of what I call localized hypertension. Just like some of us have Orthostatic BP flucuations, I believe some other mechanism make our BP irregular in different parts of our bodies. And if one of us have a symptom that bothers us more it's because of the irregularity is localized to an area of the body that causes that type of symptom. This all ties into autonomic dysfunction. Even if one of has dysfunction because of a completely different illness than from another person, treating this local fluctuation might be a key, might, just a theory so far...

• Mitochondrial Dysfunction

Mitochondrial Dysfunction in the Hypertensive Rat Brain

Respiratory Complexes Exhibit Assembly Defects in Hypertension

The central nervous system plays a critical role in the normal control of arterial blood pressure and in its elevation in virtually all forms of hypertension. Mitochondrial dysfunction has been increasingly associated with the development of hypertension.

Perspectives

The central nervous system plays a critical role in the normal control of arterial blood pressure and in its elevation in virtually all forms of hypertension. Our findings suggest that, in already-hypertensive SHRs, the brain respiratory complexes exhibit previously unknown assembly defects. These defects impair the function of the mitochondrial respiratory chain. This mitochondrial dysfunction localizes to the brain stem and is, therefore, likely to contribute to the development, as well as to pathophysiological complications, of hypertension. Interestingly, mitochondrial dysfunction in the central nervous system has been extensively investigated for several neurodegenerative diseases, including vascular dementia, Alzheimer’s, Huntington’s, and Parkinson’s disease.34–37 It is striking that the dysfunction that occurs in these diseases shares many molecular commonalities with that found in the current research in the context of hypertension. Future research should further explore the emerging link among hypertension, mitochondrial dysfunction, and neurodegeneration and the cause-effect relationships.

Nothing you have posted as evidence or that I have read support your contention. The thing about medical research now days is that there is LOTS of it. You can theoretically find ten studies that all contradict themselves. As an example a quick google search indicated that there was more research implicating autoimmunity to essential hypertension than mitochondrial disfunction.

I keep an open mind. You could quite right but at present the evidence isnt compelling.

Thank you for trying to be open minded! :) Have you google the link btwn autoimmunity and mitochondrial dysfunction, see how much research comes up. Those both are what I think of as the middle causes. !st something triggers the cascade then a whole bunch of middle causes affect the end the symptoms. It's and avalanche and now we are stuck digging ourselves out of the snow..