How Low Is Your Vitamin D Level??

sue1234

How is your Vitamin D level?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since 2008:

30 Dec 2012 That has been with taking Rx 50,000 iu 1x a week and OTC 5,000 I.U. gelcaps (the pills did not help increase or maintain even at 2,000 i.u. a day) My goal is to get the hydroxy Vit D to 80 I will settle for 60 but at 80-100 is lotto win for me :)

I also have read of low Vit D and autoimmune disorders; RA; bipolar; depression; schizophrenia etc and I have read at 80-100 fights (or stops or prevents) some cancers such as breast cancer and colon

• 4 weeks later...

For the last 2 years on Propranol with brainfog type symptoms. Sunlight has gotten rid of my symptoms. I did not realize I had POTS till I went off Propranolol. I have spent all my time in the sun. My vit D should be sky high. It came out at 30.7. This seems very strange to me.

Mine is low - but don't know the number? Doc has me on a weekly supplement of it tho. Just started 2 weeks ago.

Targs and Sue,

I am like you - taking minimal D3 would make me very ill - almost flu-like or like a herxheimer reaction. I started at very low amounts every third day then every other day. I am now at 1000 IU D3 every day (after my biggest meal of the day - but that was by accident).

I was at 12.5 in 2009 and am now at 48 (as of two weeks ago). I am very pleased as it has been hard to get to that level.

Marti

• 3 years later...

Last time my D was checked it was over 100- intially it was very low and so I started suppliments. I would caution anyone who takes vitamins to follow up after a few months with a recheck.

I am gluten free and no longer have IBS issues. As a result I belive it was very easy for my body to absorb D once my GI tract healed. Too much d can cause cardiac problems by increasing calcium levels.

Incidentally my son's nephrologist told me last week that he is seeing kids with problems from too much D. I have to look for vitamins without it.

I am convinced that when my D was low my fibromyalgia pain was much worse. Just proceed with caution. I don't avoid the sun and I no longer have IBS issues. In a very short amount of time my levels went from low to dangerous.

Ta for the advice. I too read that too much vit d can be more dangerous than too little. Our reading here in Aust works a lil different. At present ism 150 which is 90-150 is desirable I think. One doc said he wants it higher at 300. No way I'm upping it even more.