If Florinef Works For You.....

IDreamInColor

I take Florinef and it does help reduce the amount that I urinate most days. There are really bad days when the "autonomic dysfunction" switch seems to be dialed up to high when I still urinate more than I can take in. I won't go so far as to say it alleviates any major symptoms, but, I don't have any bad side effects at my current dosage (get headaches if we increase dose), so, I figure if it keeps me a little more hydrated most days, it's worth it.

My 16 year old uses fludrocort along with metoprolol tartrate (betablocker). Initially she was given it to help retain fluid and salt and raise her blood pressure. It did raise her blood pressure and make her feel a touch better but that is about all. The reason she needs it is to keep her blood pressure up enough to take her betablocker, which does help lessen most of her POTS symptoms. I think she also runs low on cortisol so I think it brings these levels up a touch but they still seem low to me. I also think that keeping her cortisol levels more stable she might even get through illnesses a little better. We will see as she was just diagnosed in May of this year. Also she is only on 1/2 tablet of a .1 mg tablet.