Low Iron Binding Capacity ???

derekliz

All of my other ranges on the CBC & Metabolic panel are normal

but the iron binding capacity came back low......what do you think???

My labs are as follows:

hematocrit 39.2 35.0-45.0

hemoglobin 13.5 11.7-15.5

ferritin 32 10-232

% Saturation 46 15-50

Iron, total 97 40-175

Iron Binding capacity 210 (L) 250-450

Dr's says NORMAL....is she correct?

Thanks!

Liz

Well, that's interesting, but I don't really know what to make of it. I would be curious as to what it means, also. I am STILL waiting to hear back on the majority of my labs that I had done almost a month ago, and very curious about my iron panel. Is that what that is that you had done, the iron panel?

yes the iron panel and cbc, metabolic panel. It's strange. I have had strange iron levels before. My ferritin has gone up from 27 to 32 in about 3 months once I started back on my multi vitamin with iron. I have an appt with my neurologist (non pots expert) on Wed so I will ask her then post her comment.

Wonder why your dr is taking so long to get you your results??? I nag my dr's ..hehehe

liz

I nag, too, but it seems the lab didn't send them. Then, when I called the lab, the finally sent them, but then the doctor's office said they didn't receive them. Talk about me **rolling eyes** last week! It's like nobody knows what they are doing! I called all parties back, and FINALLY the labs got there Thursday afternoon. And, still no word on the results. Ugghhh! I just emailed them to let them know that I will be waiting to hear the results and would like a copy. I am hoping that will get them to respond.