Numb Chin....freaking Me Out!!! Anyone Else?

brethor9

Hi all!!

Just lately off and on I have experiencing a really strange symptom that I have never had before......my chin keeps going numb and part of my lower jaw.....I have recently been having some other issues with numbness and pins and needles in my legs, etc but never my lower jaw.

Its kinda freaking me out a bit.....anyone else ever experience this??? Of course if I look it up on the internet all I get back is that it can be a symptom of lymphoma or met breast cancer...arrgh!!! It doesnt happen every day just every couple of weeks....any ideas???

Bren

Hi Bren,

I haven't had it in a while, but when my joint pain and my limbs falling asleep were at their worst 4 years ago, my chin would fall asleep. I never told anyone cause they were already looking at me like I was crazy with the long list of symptoms. I didn't have it expand into my lower jaw but I did have my jaw feel like it was going to lock and the joint was very painful around that time too. It improved with the antibiotic treatment I was on for the Lyme.

Hope it goes away,

Katie

YES- exactly like you describe. It felt like I'd been in the cold too long & my face never warmed up. For me, it was an allergic reaction to a calcium channel blocker I was taking for severe Reynaud's.

Are you taking a beta or calcium channel blocker?

Hi guys....thanks for all the replies...the only med I am currently taking is Florinef.....I tried some Benadryl and no luck.....I have woken up with it again this morning along with abdo pain and some lower facial pain.....I am wondering if it could be some type of infection....I am calling my doc tomorrow.....but I gotta say its really worrying me bad

Bren

Have you started any new med, supplement, or even food? The worst thing about an allergic reaction (if that's what it is :blink: ) is that you can become allergic to something you've never been allergic to at any given time...

I would see a doc soon. It's probably just dysautonomia madness & nothing serious, but I know it's scary.

Hugs-

Julie