Florinef Left Out Of Fridge 22 Hrs.

POTSdad

We accidently left a bottle of Florinef pills (white color) at room temperature for 22 hrs. I called the pharmacist to see if they need to be replaced. The pharamcist researched it for 10 minutes and came back saying he could not find a definitive answer, but he thought it may be OK to continue using them. Does any one have a more definitive answer?

My daughter takes 0.05 mg in the morning, and 0.025 in the afternoon. That appears to be most effective for her, and for the most part it controls her POTS symptoms. Any more makes her too thirsty, and any less she gets potsy.

Songcanary - Our pharmacist put a label on the florinef bottle saying it must be kept in the fridge.

The pharmacist just called back after contacting the florinef manufacturer. They said the florinef could stay at room temperature for up to 28 days.

This will make life easier, since it will allow us to keep a few days supply of cut florinef pills where it is easy for my daughter to remember and access. Having to get a pill from the fridge twice a day has been cumbersome, and sometimes we would forget.

Wow, ya I never kept mine in the fridge either...

It depends which preparation you have as to whether they need to be refrigerated. Only the refrigerated version is now available in the UK. When it was introduced, there was a lot of fuss made by people with Addisons and what were they supposed to do if they were travelling etc. The Addisons Society paid for some research that showed that provided the tablets were not exposed to temperatures in excess of 25 degrees centigrade, they were still over 95% effective even after 28 days out of the refrigerator. The research did not test what happened after 28 days. So unless you are located somewhere very hot, don't worry about it.