Mighty Mouse EMG Today

Guest tearose

Oh Tea, you made me smile big...you know I'm obsessed with those tiny little cars. Smart Car or Mini-- and "happy motoring", well... I'll admit to visiting the Mini Cooper Site pretty often; as you probably know, that's their logo... Finally, someone makes a car that's just like me; a happy little ball of fire (let's hope the mini's inner workings do better than mine).

I did my isometrics today. I sets of shooting pains in my fingers. Hard to explain other than it feels like someone is stabbing my finger tips. I keep trying to tell myself that it means my nerves are at least still working, but it sure hurts like bugger.

I'm trying, for now, just to use the oxy at night--I don't think I could work with it during the day. The dry mouth sure is intense for me --and the oxy and the miralax are at odds with each other; oxycontin slows down my guts...and miralax speeds it up. My doc gave me the lowest possible dose, and it's supposed to work for 12 hours. I did sleep well last night, so :)

Janet, I forgot to answer you. No, they don't think it's scar tissue--my pain would probably be more anterior, as that's were all the scars are. I get occasional front of my neck and throat spasms from yawning, but this stuff is definitely dorsal (back of the spine), where I've had no incisions. They're thinking it's the hypermobility. They think the walls of the discs are too stretchy and have just given way in combination with laxity of the ligaments (sorry, I know you have EDS too, don't want to scare you).

Nina

Guest Julia59

Nina,

I am glad you were able to get an MRI scheduled soon (FRIDAY!).

Let us know how you come out. Tomorrow I have to explain all this junk going on with me to the neurologist---that should be interesting. :)

I'm finding out more and more about EDS---and I can't believe it can cause so many problems. I'm going to get into a study given a NIH---probably be on the waiting list for about a year, as they just finished one study already on some of my chiari buddies.

It's nice to see you heard from Dr. Grubb. How nice of him to send you a hand written letter. He likes to write--- :)

Take care---and hang in there---I hope you can control the pain and feel a little more comfortable.

Julie :0)

Thanks Julia,

I hope you are able to get the gist across to your newbieneuro! I gave a copy of that GI manifestations of EDS article to my gastro yesterday. I read the entire thing myself, and yes, EDS does have some broad ranging effects on the body.

So far so good with the meds. They make me itch, but no hives. I'll take the itchies if it's the trade for pain. :)

Hiya Nina,

Sorry about all the pain in your fingertips - but you're right, at least the nerves are still there!! I wish I had some profound platitudes about how the PT will all be worth it in the long run and you'll be as good as new before long... but I won't insult your intellect like that. Instead I'll just give you a big ole Texan hug and send good thoughts your way.

You haven't scared me about the discs... I suspect I will continue to have neck problems. My neck pain seems to have cleared up for now. My idget GP gave me a script for muscle relaxers, which I rolled my eyes at and didn't fill. I have an appt with the neurologist (who's only 33, heaven help me) the end of February, and I'll discuss it with him then anyway.

Seriously considering changing GPs now.. only by nearly brute force did I manage to get him to pull me back from the brink of a serious kidney infection today. I have a long history of UTIs, which lately have only been responding to Cipro and not any of the first-line -cyclines my old GP used to give me. Last Friday I went in after 2 days of symptoms and he gave me Bactrim. I didn't know it was a rather weak antibiotic. By yesterday, I was in more pain than ever and running fever. I called the nurse and told her, but apparently she didn't tell the GP about the fever part, because his instructions to me were to drink water and cranberry juice. HE-LLO... I am practically swimming in the stuff. Anyway, I tried to reason with her but she was steadfast. THis morning I was running 100.5 fever so I called the nurse back and told her that if he didn't get me something strong TODAY that he would be treating me in the hospital by Friday - which would have been likely. So, I got in this morning, got a shot in the butt and a script for 750 mg Cipro - the big guns. THis evening my back is hurting, so my prediction was probably right. Anyway, at least I'll only have a day or two more of symptoms before the Cipro will have killed it off enough to stop hurting.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I know you understand...

Nina--

Best wishes for your MRI tomorrow. I know they're easy compared to the other stuff, but it still takes time and energy! And you've had so many! We'll all be thinking of you. btw, try counting the number of bangs or clicks each set (in our mind) ... I did this once... the techs must have thought I was nuts, when I told them the number. And maybe I am! :huh:

I've been following your back issues closely. Sure hope they can help you. I'm not sure my opinions on those EMGs. They hurt and I wonder how much they really tell us. I had TWO anal sphincter EMGs--major ouch--that showed damage. Well, duh, I told 'em that before and even docs guessed that before. So, was it necessary?

I'll pray for you, dear. Especially about 4pm tomorrow! ;)

Ginger