Dry Eyes- Plugs?

HopeSprings

Saw the eye Dr. again. He re-did the Schirmer test and confirmed severe dry eye. Tear production again was a 1 - this time in both eyes, which is apparently BAD. He suggested plugs. I cannot imagine anything being stuck in my eyes and warned him I'm sensitive to everything and will probably freak out. He said I wouldn't even feel them and we can do temporary ones that dissolve in a week to test it out. Anyone know anything?

I had plugs in my left eye for dry eye and I loved having it in. It really did help and I didn't even know it was there. I wish I could still have it, but for some reason, I can no longer have plugs. Tried Restasis and it sure didn't work. I would take a plug any day. I just live with dry eye now. Try the temporary ones-I did at first and liked them which was the reason I opted for a permit one which finally fell out after about 2 years. I had it replaced over about a 5 year period until I could no longer have them. Like I said I wish I could have a plug again. Good luck. :)

I had a plug put in one eye for a trial basis, I initially felt a difference but then none. I didn't feel worth putting other one in, I was still using same amount of Refresh liquigel drops in addition to Restasis. I also use Genteal nighttime eye ointment and can tell a difference if I don't use it at night. It wasn't uncomfortable putting it in or anything, but just different for me. Best wishes.