Seeing a new Neurologist this week

Guest Julia59

Guest Julia59

Hello everyone---I hope tonight finds you all feeling well.

I just wanted to let you all know my PCP found a neurologist who may be willing to work with Dr. Bolognese in New York.

My situation has been getting worse and the instability is getting out of control with my upper cervical spine and cranial area. My cognitive function, leg weakness, pain, balance and POTS symptoms keep taking a downward spiral.

I just can't keep track of what is causing what any more, so hopefully this neurologist can help me figure this all out---and relay information to Dr. Bolognese in New York. I'm afraid to cough, laugh, bend over, sneeze and GOD forbid if I had to throw up. I feel like there is a piece of sheet metal between my cranial and cervical spine area. The thoracic-cervical vest is actually making things worse. The only way it doesn't make things worse is to sit very still in a straight chair for the three hours I am to wear this.

If I move about at all with it on, my lower back starts to bother me. I found out that I also have herniated disks, impingement on thecal sac and nerves on two levels---L2-3 and L5-S1. I just feel like my whole spine is falling apart. Now I have problems on the cervical-thoracic---and lumbar area's! Not to mention the cranium area. Sorry for whining---I just feel a bit under the weather tonight.

You all hang in there in this nasty weather we are having. How are you doing in New Jersey Nina----how many inches did you get? WE got twelve in Toledo--on top of the 2 we had on the ground. I guess not bad compared to others.

Julie :0)

14 inches on the ground here--and the wind was howling today. Our neighbors ROCK! They used the snow blower and did our walks & driveway...and cleared what they could of our street, which hasn't been plowed. The developer and the township have been fighting over a number of issues, so the town hasn't taken over care of the streets, lights, etc. in the 6 years since the development has been completed. The developer sometimes plows after the police get enough phone calls from our four blocks...and we're still considered a rural delivery route so we may not get mail tomorrow...and the mail carrier isn't required to get out to deliver packages, just to toot the horn and wait a few seconds.

Okay, I'm whining too, and not even about what's really bugging me. I have my EMG at 8:30 tomorrow morning. That's going to really stink.

Hope you can find something to stabilize that wobbly spine of yours.

Nina

Guest tearose

Julie, I ache for you and all the pains you are enduring. I hope there is something that will get you relief. When do you see this neurologist?

That sheet metal comparison sent a real clear picture of what you are feeling.. :D

We all get the new doctor jitters but it is wonderful that already you know this new neurologist is going to work with Dr.B!

Thank you for your good warm wishes for us and back at you!

Please be careful, tearose

Guest Julia59

Thank's Nina and Tearose,

I see the neurologist on Thursday.

I'm trying to be positive, but a little bit worried at the same time. Hopefully he will take all this seriously.

I received all my MRI's and the reports that go with them. I looked at them again to make sure i'm not imagining all this. I kind of wish I was.

I won't get the films from TCI until after the appointment, but I do have the reports.

Julie :0)