How Much Did Your Heart Rate Increase During Tilt Table Test? Did Blood Pressure Change?

IceSkate

Mine was an increase of up to 60 beats per minute. My blood pressure didn't change.

Does anyone know if certain increases in heart rate correlate to certain symptoms? What was your heart rate increase on your table test?

I'm curious if certain numbers correlate to certain symptoms, or if POTS is pretty much different in everyone.

I don't recall my blood pressure changes and I was on a beta blocker up to the day before my tilt table test. My heart rate increased over 90 beats. At home it has been as low as just over 40 bpm and as high as 178 sitting to standing. Much more stable now after a few years of treatment. now I swing from the 60's to usually under 100 upon standing.

On the first TTT, my HR increased around 60-70 BPM and BP gradually went higher the longer I stood, along with the HR. This past year, I started fainting and having low BP. My latest TTT shows a HR increase of about 90 BPM and the BP rises and then drops into the toilet and I faint.

My heart rate jumped by 70-80 bpm, I think, within a minute and my blood pressure bottomed out (though it is always low anyway) and I fainted in the upright position within 4 minutes of being up and then seized while I was unconscious. I was unresponsive for maybe only half a minute (hurrah for IVs!). I have both POTS and NCS, though.

Even though I'm in good physical shape and I used to be very active, my normal resting heart rate is quite high, 80-90 bpm. I know on the table it hit 160 while the table was still coming into the upright position, so it might have jumped more once it had stopped moving but I'm not sure. I just know that while it was moving, the doctor asked "Does this happen every time you stand up?" I said "Yeah, pretty much" and he said "She has POTS" right when it stopped moving.

IceSkate, I'm not sure about the answer to your question, but I have noticed that sometimes people who only have POTS and nothing else (known) seem to have smaller jumps in bpm. This is just anecdotal, though, from things I've seen on forums.