Could A Multi Vitamin Help?

My appetite has been very poor, I've lost 50 pounds in the past year. I know I'm not getting very good nutrition which could only cause more problems. I'm thinking I might benefit from a daily multi vitamin, but with my body completely screwed up from pots, and graves disease and microscopic colitis I'm almost afraid to take anything.

Can anyone recommend a good vitamin? Is there anything I need to avoid?

I like ensure or things like that.

The type I'm able to tolerate is pediasure sidekicks. I do not see any corn in it is why...

You will get liquid protein, and vitamins that seem very easy to digest because it's in a liquid form.

I would get an instant boost from ensure...I don't feel it as much with the pediasure sidekicks but they are only 150 calories.

I think the magnesium in these really helped my heart.

Also I noticed this one I'm drinking has calcium carbonate in it. I get such horrible gas and indigestion. And I looked it up and calcium carbonate is one of the ingredients in Mylanta.

So I may be helping my GERD while I'm at it.

Also you may need to take iron.

I was so wiped out and it seemed to just be getting worse.

My weight was holding steady but man I could tell something wasn't right and here I'm very low on iron.

Addressing the nutritional components does really help.

I know how hard it is.

I still have times when I'm in the process of breaking down food where a pretty awful feeling comes over me. I don't understand it but for the most part at this point eating has become a source of discomfort and is just downright stressful.

My integrative doctor has me take great supplements, the best brands. I take lots of things, but my multi is called Ultra Preventive x by Douglas Labs.

Making a smoothie with Greens First, Whey Protein (only a good brand), oatmeal, banana, apple, carrots, froz fruit like blueberries, strawberries or mango, etc. You can get a LOT of antioxidents for your nerves, fiber, nutrition from that. I drink it daily. All of the fruit, veggies, protein, fiber you need. Easy to get what you need like that.

Yes, A good magnesium powder is very good.

Edited by corina

I think it could definately be a good thing. I think that much help can be had from various supplements, vitamins, herbs, etc. You need to be informed and educated so that you can make good choices. Not all vitamins are created equal. You want to make sure whatever you take is not made with any fillers that would be counterproductive to helping yourself from the inside out. If you can find someone that you trust, whether it be a naturopath, integrative doc, functional medicine doc or herbalist...whatever, you may find some really nice benefits. Just a thought...