What Blood Tests Can I Ask For?

I have an appt coming up next week, and since my recent diagnosis I have learned their are many forms of dysautonomia, as well as possible underlying causes.

Are their any tests I could ask for that might help determine anything of significance in helping to pinpoint exactly what I have?

Thank you so much, you all have been such great support, and I'm so glad I found you.

My POTS doc started with what seems to be basic autonomic testing. A sweat test and some breathing tests. He is just having a whole slew of blood work done now to test catecholamine levels, tests for autoimmune diseases, C3 and C4 (this is because I've had a high C4 before so I don't know how common this is), mast cell diseases, and thyroid testing. Other than the catecholamine levels, the blood work he decided on for me was based on my medical history and my family history.

I will say this...I spent several hours putting together my history and my family history with as many old labs to back it up as I had and then I made a lit of questions. It really helped and we got through a lot of information in an hour. Without all my prep, I don't think I would have gotten the prescriptions for all these tests.

Good luck at your appt.