What Are You Top Three Worst Symptoms?

My most bothersome symptoms have changed over time, like some others here.

When I first got POTS 20+ years ago, it was:

1. tachycardic episodes (i have hyperadrenergic POTS form so mine were mostly at night, waking me from sleep with pounding heart, shaking, sweating, anxiety - - but I also could get tachycardia walking across the room sometimes).

2. "brain fog"

3. lightheadness/near-syncope (so that if I was driving I'd have to pull over until it passed).

4, shortness of breath/chest pain (with asthma ruled out).

Sorry, couldn't stick to 3.

But for years my POTS was only bothersome episodically and didn't bother me all that much.

Recently, probable MCAD has been added to my POTS diagnosis, and now my POTS has flared crazily too. So NOW my top three are:

1. Non-IGe mediated allergic reactions to foods

2. episodes of both blood pressure and heart rate volatility

3. "brain fog"

4. shortness of breath/chest pain

I rarely have the lightheadedness/near-syncope lately - - but can occasionally get it. I've never actually passed out. Maybe because I have the hyperadrenergic form, my blood pressure can either go down OR up when I'm standing for a long time. My episodes are worse at night than during the day too, which seems different than most.

The hardest to live with right now is the mast cell activation and the limited diet I'm on because all foods are causing me trouble (I'm losing weight like crazy), but the most bothersome to me emotionally is when I have an episode of cognitive "slowness" as I think of it, where I feel like I just can't find the right word/thought - - as a former college professor, it really bugs me not to be able at times to just spit out the right answer.

Interesting that so many of you mention eye problems - - I wear contacts most of the time and my optometrist has been beside himself frustrated with me as he keeps adjusting the prescription but I keep complaining that sometimes I see a shadow image like double vision or get blurry, and other times not so bad. Hmmm, never considered that this could be my POTS. He thought it was just dry eye, but said it didn't make any sense based on his testing.

Carol