Felt Drunk When I Woke Up This Morning!

louloutinks

I woke up a while ago and took BP 108/72 89hr, got out of bed and felt really wobbly. Took my BP was 99/80 150hr. Went to walk down the stairs and I felt like I was drunk - the stairs seemed really close (Alice in Wonderland feeling), felt shaky and head spinning - but not vertigo. Felt really unsteady like I had had too much to drink. Even now my brain is finding this very hard to type and am making countless mistakes and have to keep rectifying things.Feel very thick headed.

I have had this one or two times before but was is this. Walked back upstairs, feeling shallow breathed and hunched over, I took my BP it was 101/72 hr165. My hands were VERY blotchy. Shoulder and neck pain/stiffness this morning too.

My HR's in the morning are always quite high just for getting out of bed and stairs are worst in the morning.

What causes this drunk feeling and does anyone else get this upon waking?

Must add that the past few months I have been getting lots of hearing problems - hyperaccusis (certain noise hurts ears), muffled hearing, going deaf with awful headaches, tinnitus (both rining and hissing),whooshing in base of skull etc.......not sure if this is all related?

I still feel 'odd' now.

Hi Tinks!

Sorry I haven't talked to you in awhile.....going through a little bit of **** over the last month symptom wise.....in answer to your question...a resounding YES!!! I wake up feeling like that every morning and on some days its an all day thing....in fact it is definately my worst complaint.....feels like you are having a stroke or like you said that you are drunk. I think part of it is we dehydrate overnight so make sure you drink some fluids before even settting foot out of bed, also I think it could be the abrupt change from sleep state to awake state and our system has a hard time switching over and starts pumping adrenaline (which makes things worse). Do you have any coffee in the morning> I find just a tiny demi cup is useful to help with the drunk feeling and the florinef does help with it also but it has its own nasty effects to deal with which I am finding out :( Hang in there tinks...sending huge hugs your way!!!!

Bren

So glad to know I'm not alone in this. Have been feeling like this every morning for the past couple weeks. Saw my MD yesterday who said "all my POTS patients are better now that the heat of summer is gone" which left me totally frustrated because I've been struggling with major symptoms since Labor Day. I'm SO glad to know I'm not the only one having a major up-kick in symptoms recently.

Sorry you're feeling so lousy but thanks for providing reassurance to the rest of us, even in your misery.