Does Anyone Know Of Any Actual Article Addressing Adrenaline Jerks?

kclynn

I was thinking I would like to have some kind of written study that at least mentions it (doesn't have to be the focus), in case we get stuck in a local hospital or neurologist who has no understanding and still wants to chalk it up to stress. My son is having terrible, terrible jerks this week, the kind that can throw his body into a wall or down a stairs. Of course he does get stressed about THAT and that does probably just make them worse. I hate the October slide!

I dunno if its adrenaline related but I Jerk something terrible at times, I am not sure what causes it but it can be so bad at night it wakes me and my husband out of our sleep, Also when I am awake my legs or arms will jerk and shake, I look like a strange junkie at times but its since I have been diagnosed with Pots and started on the meds, so it must be related to the meds im oN!!

I've never heard of adrenaline jerks but I have nocturnal myoclonus which means my body jerks when

I go into rem. I had 1 - 2 hour seizure that was exactly like my myoclonus except it lasted 2 hours and

I was awake .. Sorta .. I went in and out of what felt like a light sleep.

Klonopin (drug) and sun theanine (supplement) control this for me. I use theanine and my dosage depends on my severity. Gluten and caffeine makes this worse for me.

When I first went on theanine, I had to take 100 mg every 3 - 4 hours during the day to control

a shakey feeling I was having. I was able to reduce it within a day or two tho. Just in case you want to try this.

Hope he feels better soon .. D