Getting Diagnosed - Mast Cell Doctors In The Uk

doggus

Hi everyone - I have been diagnosed with POTS and EDS 3 by Prof Mathias. I am also pretty certain I have a mast cell disorder though when my tryptase was tested it was 11 (has to be over 20 for mastocytosis here in the UK). My big issue is food - am down to only a few foods and even they cause major reactions - flsuhing, tachycardia, faintness, itchiness, severe muscle and joint pain, you name it. I also get angioedema. i am having a real job getting anyone to link the three diseases and get me a MCAD diagnosis. i went to see the top mastocytosis doctor in london and while I am sure he is great for that he doesn't really 'do' MCAD.

Has anyone had any success here in the UK with mast cell side of things?

So sorry that you are dealing with all of this. Many of us with this triad have been meeting at another International Yahoo site. I have personally "met" hundreds of patients with all three disorders. By banding together (sharing symptoms, etc.), we are helping to make top docs aware of this constellation. You may want to pose your question there as members are from all over the world.

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/theelephantproject/

All the best-

Julie