Flushing & Sweating

gertie

My symptoms started many years ago with flushing & sweating & nothing has changed. I feel cold some of the time but I know it's only a matter of time before I begin blazing. When i start to eat or anyone in the house is eating I react to the food by flushing. It doesn't have to be a food I'm allergic to, just the smell of food. I use no chemicals in my home but when I go to bed at night I almost always flush for a few min until my brain gets accustomed to the change. Anyone that comes in my home I react to them & their odor in this manner. It feels like I'm burning from the inside out. Is this what you experience with adrenal flushes. I know this is nothing compared to all the other miserable things we experience but when I sit down to relax or sleep it would be nice not to start this. I know it's not menopause. Thanks.

Hi.....I am very, very sensitive to food, odors, chemicals, other people like you and I'm very debilitated by it. I have MCAD. I would highly recommend that you do some researching into MCAD. These are symptoms of mast cell activation. Of course you should rule out carcinoid syndrome/pheochromocytoma....but after that, I would journey down the mast cell disease road. I did thanks to several wonderful people on this forum, and finally I'm starting to get some of my life back. www.tmsforacure.org, click mastocytosis and you can read about the symptoms. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

I was also going to suggest getting a Chromogranin A blood test which is considered the gold standard for ruling our carcinoid and is elevated 80-90% of the time in pheochromocytoma patients as well. My mom has carcinoid syndrome and the things that cause flushing/carcinoid symptoms are Ethanol (alcohol), Anesthesia, EATING, Stress and Exercise.