Looking For A Quote From The Latest Levine Study

Hi all,

I am searching and this may be the fastest way to get what I need. I am looking for the specific quote from Dr. Fu on improved kidney function in POTS patients after completing the Levine exercise protocol. My doc at Vandy says that there is probably no connection between my declining kidney function and POTS, but my nephrologist is not so sure. I'd like to get her the stats and quote from the docs in Dallas so that she can contact them directly. I have the contact emails, but I want to give her the exact quote and numbers if I can get them.

Anybody got this?

Thanks!

I think this may be it.

http://newsroom.heart.org/pr/aha/1356.aspx

“Exercise training is superior to the beta blocker in restoring upright blood circulation, improving kidney function and dramatically improving quality of life,” said Qi Fu, M.D., Ph.D., study first-author and assistant professor of internal medicine and cardiology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.

Handmadebymy- Exercise, particularly vigorous/strenuous exercise, slows down the blood flow to the kidneys and reduces their filtration rate (GFR.) The sudden increase in exertion may have restricted the filtration rate and made you more susceptible to a kidney infection.

Sue- the article stated that the renin/aldosterone ratio was improved after exercise, but still was not "normal" like the controls. Also, the catecholamine reaction to standing was reduced. Neither of these improvements were seen in the BB group, so they are saying that exercise was superior to BB.