How Much Can U Earn While On Ssdi

Darlene

i became sick when i was in school. i started school in 2001 and graduated in 2005. i was diagnosed with dysautonomia in 2005. i didnt not try to find a job immediately after graduation because i knew i was to sick. i waited to see if i would get better. i did start to fee good enough to where i thought i could work. i got a job as a rehab tech, i worked there for 5 months. then got a job as a nurse assitant, and worked 7 days. i really want to work, but get scared when i am on my way to work, or on the way home and i start feeling funny. or when i am at work, and i feel so hot (even though the air is on), nauseated, and hurt so bad all over. i would like to know why i am in so much pain. i went to my family dr. about the pain, but he just says exercise. i tried that once, and got pretty sick. i can walk some, but its not helping witht he pain. the jobs i mentioned were full time, maybe i can try to work part time. i was wondering can u get ssdi for dysautonomia? and if so, how much can u earn while being on ssdi? i wish i could find a dr. to listen to me about the pain. if i was 82, i would assume i should be in pain, but i am only 37.

The amount you can make on SSDI depends on how much you've worked and contributed to social security. The easiest way to check this out is to visit one of your local social security departments near you, or to call the 800 number and they can look it up by your ss#. If you haven't worked much, it will probably be a pretty small amount, but it never hurts to check.

I was denied twice, then got a lawyer, went to court, and got SSDI, thank God. It's been a lifesaver. If you think you may need it someday, I'd encourage you to apply now, because it's a very slow process, usually. (It took me 15 months). You need a good doctor to help with your documentation, too. Good luck!