Weird Sensation

surfgirl14

Hey everyone. I was wanting to know if anyone else got this weird feeling that I experience a lot. I am not really sure how to describe it, but I am going to try to the best I can. Sooo it feels like a "spacy" feeling accompanied by extreme fatigue. And with the fatigue I can sleep for hours and hours and wake up still having the "spacy" feeling. when I feel like this I have absolutly NO energy, and am extremly weak. Makes me feel weird when I walk also. It is kind of a scary feeling, and I hate the feeling soo much. I just wish it would go away :( does anyone else feel like this? Help.

Resembles my low blood sugar episodes, which I had about 3 back-to-back this afternoon. Definitely not my normal pattern, and it left me feeling like I had run a marathon in that my limbs just felt so weak. After a couple hours of recovering I am just beginning to feel okay again.

I don't know if you have glucose issues, but just wanted to relate what I experience.

Hi PG I get this too on a regular basis - it is scary! Sometimes it lasts hardly any time at all, a bit fleeting and then it can last 10/20 mins or so. I felt awful the other week with it. Had to come home from my friends as I felt really odd and bad, and I couldn't concentrate - couldn't manage to make a cup of tea as I didn't know what to do - the order was really confusing so I went to bed - my son was talking to me and I could hear the words but I couldn't work out what he was saying (if that makes sense) and I just had to go to sleep - I also felt nauseous with it too and it all lasted just under an hour (well I fell asleep).

Tinks- Yea I get what you mean. I can't really go out whe I have this feeling, it makes me feel so weird. Like an "out of it" sensation. I have just been in bed all day today due to it. I have just been sleeping on and off. Can't really get out of bed without feeling like I am going to collapse. It makes me feel really weak and drained of evrything. But usually when I go to bed and wake up it will be gone, but for some reason it has lasted the whole day? I am a bit confused about that. thanks for the reply and wish the best to you. I am sorry you have to deal with this too.

I feel this way 24/7 - it's my worst symptom. I don't know if it's like this for you, but mine feels like my head is on the moon, I feel floaty, out there, like drunk or drugged and my eyes feel like they can't focus properly. Sometimes it goes along with the fatigue where it feels like I am sleepwalking - like awake and asleep at the same time. Sometimes a good night's sleeps helps a bit, but sometimes long and deep sleep actually makes it worse. I'm sorry you have this - I know how difficult it is. The consensus seems to be it's either poor blood flow to the brain/less oxygen or blood sugar related.

Naomi- Yea, it makes me feel very "spacy" and "floaty" feeling. Most def. the eye thing your are talking about goes along with the feeling I am having. It seems to get better for me when I take a good nap but for some reason that didn't happen today :( Well I might actually look into the sugar level thing to make sure thats not a problem....because I am a little worried that it didn't go away at all today. Thanks for the reply. Hoping you get better! Sorry you have to deal wit this too.

I struggle with this feeling all the time. Concentrating is so difficult, even on very simple things. No one can understand why I don't want to talk on the phone -- it is too difficult! Typing/computer work is a bit easier because I can periodically "space out", but I hate talking to people because I get that floating/soaring down feelign and realize I have no idea what we were talking about (and then the strange look from whomever I was speaking too as I struggle to regain my thoughts).

It's made me very anti-social and lonely.

It is the worst symptom for me. I am afraid to go shopping / anywhere public because I feel like I have these mini-blackouts. I have never actually fallen down or fainted, and i don't get tachycardia, so I don't think it's a blood pressure plunge. (I've had TTTs and they found I have neurally mediated hypotension - my heart rate never actually gets very high.) It prevents me from doing so much. If I do anything, I'm constantly fighting these "drop outs" (they feel like the opposite of a "surge" of something).

Sorry to go on about it - but what is this??????

targs66- I wish I knew what it was :/ No one has been able to explain to me whey this happens. But like the previous posts I think it does have something to do with lack of blood to the brain. I have been told this happens sometimes to people with POTS.It is frustrating, and it makes me withdrawl when I am having this episodes.It makes it very hard to concentrate, and I wouldn't even want to attempt to drive when I feel like this. I do the same exact things when I am going threw this. I will be talking with someone in a conversation and then totally forget what I was saying. It is embrassing when you say "oh crap I lost my train of thought" and then you can't remember what you were trying to say. grr it gets annoying. BUt most of all I just feel soooo weird when I get these episodes. I do not get them every day but I get them several times a week. I am sorry to hear this is happening to you too, I know how awful this can be. YOu will be in my thoughts. Thanks for the reply.