I Had An Odd Reaction To My New Compression Hose

sue1234

I just put on my new thigh-high compression hose this morning. I took them off after 5 minutes!! What happened was, after they were on, as the minutes went by, I felt more and more pressure in my whole chest area. It was kind of giving me a little anxiety, so I took them off. I was sitting in my chair the whole time.

I was not expecting that. I was hoping they were going to give me a little more upright time. But, if I can't sit down with them, then they are going to be too much trouble to put on/off all day.

Bummer!

What about just knee socks that have some support?

I wonder if it was just too much.

I could never handle regular panty hose they bothered my stomach.

Would make me bloat and they would give me stomach pain and I didn't even have a stomach I had a pretty much flat abdomen but as skinny as I was they bothered me.

I could tolerate queen size just because they weren't as tight which sounds crazy that I would buy queen size panty hose when I weighed 90 pounds I just could not take the pressure.

I wonder if something along these lines would help?

It may have just been too restrictive.

How much compression was in these hose? Perhaps you needs to start at the very lowest compression? Sheer Energy pantyhose was recommended by my rheumatologist when I had a reaction similar to yours after trying on 20-30mmHg hose for the first time. They have minimal compression but still can give a little boost. Over the last few years, I've worked up to 40-50mmHg thigh high hose and believe they are my best treatment.

Leize, I totally know what you mean regarding pantyhose and pressure at the waist!! Probably beginning 10-12 years ago, I started not handling any pressure at my waist area--made it hard to breathe. So, I am perpetually unbuttoning my pant's button. I cannot wear waist-high regular hose, so I knew not to get the same in compression. But, I didn't know the thigh-high would kind of give me the same result! And, they were the lightest compression at 15-20 mmHg.

Makes me sit and wonder all about this peripheral circulatory system. Does my body lose fluids because it has too high a pressure in the abdominal area already? If so, WHY do I have higher pressure there? The way the hose acted this morning, it was like I could NOT have anymore fluid added to my core circulatory system.

Thankful, just saw your post, but I did start with the lowest compression. Maybe plain ole dollar store knee-hi's might be just right!

Nurse mates make support knee socks but depending on how big your lower legs are they could be tight!

( and so still an issue )

I wore these wow since I worked nights which has been many years ago.

They kept me warm and eliminated any just overall fluid retention that I would get in my lower extremities while working.

There was a spell there where they made things better then I think I moved past that.

I had to go to just footsies ( no restriction at all ) or I couldn't take it.

I'm not sure what was going on there but I definitely noticed issues with what I could tolerate on my legs since I've been actually a youngster.