Goodman And Mayo Arizona

caroline

I just got back from Mayo Arizona, where I saw Dr. Brent Goodman and had a complete assessment. Great experience! Goodman, who is both kind and knowledgeable, talked with me at the beginning and carefully read all the documents I'd brought, including my self-written medical history and my chart of BP and pulse readings. After this initial 2-hour session, he sent me out for all kinds of tests, interviews, and procedures. I'm convinced he didn't miss anything important. At the end of four days we conferred for three hours, and his summary, I thought, was a masterpiece. He changed my diagnosis (but not my meds--he is waiting for the results of a test I'm having done here in the San Francisco Bay Area) and made numerous useful suggestions. It is going to be hard to get down 10 g. of salt daily, but I will do it. Goodman answered all my questions as well as they could be answered at this time--and best of all, he gave me hope that my health and my life generally can be improved. All the doctors and technicians I encountered at Mayo seemed first-rate: professional in every sense of the word. I think the visit will change my life, and I am so glad I went! Interesting side-note: I always thought that POTS was the one disorder I could be sure of not having, but my new diagnosis is orthostatic intolerance of the POTS type (not quite full-blown POTS). Best to all--Caroline

WyomingGal, can you just put in a call to Goodman for info and advice? I don't think he mentioned that to me.

You can call the neurology department and ask to speak to his nurse. They will either transfer you or give you a call back. I guess I should specify that I haven't actually talked to him on the phone (maybe if you really insisted you could?). But you just ask his nurse any questions and she will check with him and give you a call back.

Thanks very much. Incidentally i am making good progress with the 10 grams of salt daily now that i realize one must multiply the SODIUM amount listrd on bottles and cans by 2.5 in order to obtain the amount of salt. But it sure is a lot of salt! Thanx again for your advice and encouragement. Best--Caroline

Re: Calling Dr. Goodman. I live in Tucson and also go to Scottsdale to see Dr. Goodman. I saw him earlier this summer, and he changed a medication for me. I called when that medication was giving me problems, and his nurse spoke to him about it and called me back the same day. I've called him before, and either his nurse or Dr G gets back to me almost always on the same day. I can't think of any of my other doctors who do that! He's terrific.