Hello, I'm new

Goblin

Hello. I am a 24 year old who was just diagnosed a few months ago, after undergoing a painful time bouncing from doctor to doctor. I really enjoy reading all of your posts. It is nice to know that I am not alone. I first began having problems back in July of 2002. I then got mono in December of 2002, and have been very symtomatic since. I feel like I have seen every doctor possible, and most of them have told me that it is just anxiety. I finally found a doctor who believed that I really was sick...thank goodness- I was beginning to think I really was crazy. I am having a hard time right now, trying to finish grad school. I feel like it is impossible due to my illness. Does anyone else go to school? I read that one person was taking classes online. I have one of those, but I also have two other classes that I have to go to, and a field placement. Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself. Good luck to everyone :D -Stacey

hey

i had to drop out. i was trying to finally finish my undergrad last year, actually, i was trying to finish it the year before that too...heh...but i got too ill to go to class at the beginning of second semester. it was pretty disastrous, and now i owe my registrar beaucoup $$ because my student loans got rescinded when i dropped my courses and i had to go on welfare to support myself since i couldn't work obviously.

now i'm mad that i couldn't have gotten ill, say, a few months later so at least i could have finished. i'm a few credits short (3, i think?) so i could finish with another year of full-time school but i just don't have it in me right now.

on top of that, i think i'm screwed because of my loans getting audited and the fact that i still owe...

so i'm trying very hard to keep school out of my mind...

hope it works out better for you.

oh, and.. hi.

justin

Guest Stacey:-)

Are you a Stacey with an e too? I hope this is not a bad sign for other Stacey's of the world! :D I too had to stop going to school, I was going for my degree in Chemisrty. Hopefully one day I can finish it. Hi and just know you are not alone and not crazy. I know how you feel but I think it really helps to read about others who have the same thing you do and then it makes it a bit more bearable and you don't feel so alone.

Take care!

Stacey :-)

Hello Stacey, and welcome!! You are definitely not alone here. I was diagnosed at age 19 with POTS, not long after I started attending college. It's been rough, but I am still hanging in there. I have this refusal to let POTS stop me from achieving my goals in life, so I am trucking through it. I will have my Associate's degree next Spring, so it's taken me almost 4 years, but I plan to go on all the way to grad school as well. I've had to take a few semesters off, when I was first diagnosed, but I usually take web classes because I can do those at my own pace. I tried taking a class on campus this semester, and it became too difficult for me to get up early in the morning, drive an hour there, sit in class for hours, then drive an hour home (with my son in tow, dropping him off, etc...) several days per week. So I withdrew last week- much to the dismay of my boyfriend, who now has to pay for the class. But these things happen- just hang in there, it sounds like you've gotten pretty far already. I'm sure it will feel wonderful to finish up and look back at what you've had to overcome. Good luck!!

Hello;) Thanks for all of the responses. It really helps to hear from people who really know how you feel. I had a horrible time finishing my semester of grad school last year... luckily my professors were really understanding. I am struggling again, hoping I can make it through. Good luck to all of you. (and yes, my name is spelled with an e- LoL) Hope everyone hangs in there!