A Really Odd Request

sj75

Has anyone heard of or does anyone know of a link between pots and radiation exposure?? anything could be helpful, theory or proven fact.

My father was a christmas island veteran and was exposed (unprotected) with hundreds of others to atom bomb testing. This was a huge travesty and was the death sentence for so many of these young men and eventually my father. I have been approached by an organisation working on behalf of families of the veterans as they have seen an alarming number of children and grandchildren of the veterans suffering rare and unnusual medical conditions and they have asked me to find out more about wether there could be a link between my arrhythmias and pots??

ive no idea? anyone in the same boat or have any ideas if this is something that could be a possibility. Any thoughts welcome, no matter how far fetched-lol.x

Back in the 50's it was a fashion thing for people to go get radiated. It was supposed to be good for their health. Both my mom and father did this. Before me and my sis - were thought about. Mom's first baby was still born and my sis and I have autonomic issues. My father has also had cancer and there are autonomic issues there. Mom has allergy issues. So, could be a connection. I don't know what, unless it changes the DNA and then the mutated gene is passed on.

I would think that you might be able to find out if there was a significant number of people that developed dysautonomia in any fashion within the Japanese people that were exposed to the bombs in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I think the US began keeping records of any health issues that subsequently developed over the decades following. I wouldn't know how to find this information, but it would probably be the most telling.

I was born in Japan in the late 50s, so who knows? Were my parents eating food grown on soil contaminated with radiation exposure? I am the youngest in my family, the only one with a bone disease, and the only one incapacitated(now, as an adult). I was the only child conceived and born in Japan.

On top of that, with my bone disease, I had a gazillion x-rays done throughout my childhood to keep on top of my changing bones.

So, I have no clue, but would recommend finding studies from the Japan fallout. If you find any info, please share it!

Yuliya, wow!! You were so close to Chernobyl! I assume your family has to keep a watch out for thyroid cancer.

I would think that you might be able to find out if there was a significant number of people that developed dysautonomia in any fashion within the Japanese people that were exposed to the bombs in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I think the US began keeping records of any health issues that subsequently developed over the decades following. I wouldn't know how to find this information, but it would probably be the most telling.

I was born in Japan in the late 50s, so who knows? Were my parents eating food grown on soil contaminated with radiation exposure? I am the youngest in my family, the only one with a bone disease, and the only one incapacitated(now, as an adult). I was the only child conceived and born in Japan.

On top of that, with my bone disease, I had a gazillion x-rays done throughout my childhood to keep on top of my changing bones.

So, I have no clue, but would recommend finding studies from the Japan fallout. If you find any info, please share it!

Yuliya, wow!! You were so close to Chernobyl! I assume your family has to keep a watch out for thyroid cancer.

yes we have a few thyroid issues in everyone, but for the most part the cancers have been random such as liver and esophagus

wow, thankyou so much guys. I was slightly concerned i wouldnt get any replies. Yuliya, being so close to Chernobyl must have been really difficult growing up.

I never realised raditation was seen as therapeutic in the 50's, scary thought.

It seems plausable that there is a link and i wonder how i can go about finding any documentation from the exposures in japan?