Dr Goodman

icesktr189

My mom had an appointment today with him an I tagged a long. He thinks she has POTS and wants to do autonomic testing.

He seems really nice and went over all options, including meds. Problem is is that it wasnt anything new.or extrodinary. I have been waiting for an insurance change so I could finally go to him in hopes of getting better care. The thing is that he mentioned all treatment options that my cardiologist has already tried in me.

Please someone give me hope because I am a little discouraged right now :(

Dani,

I saw Dr. Goodman after seeing two or three doctors who have tried to treat my POTS. Dr. Goodman gave me a lot of hope and I know what information he gave me was based on a lot of experience. For me, I learned some more specifics of my particular case because of their autonomic lab they had there. Also, whenever I have any questions, I call his nurse and usually get a call back within 24 hours. I have a better peace of mind knowing I went to one of the best and it has helped me to move forward in my recovery. For me, that all makes it worth it. Hope you can begin to feel the same!

Dani,

This was an appt for your mom? Have you seen him yet for your own situation?

If your mom hasn't had any treatment, or even a diagnosis yet, then what he'll start with her isn't necessarily the same as where he'll start with you. Be patient and wait to see what he'll recommend for you. It's a good thing that you had this preview so you can be prepared for your visit with a concise list of information as to what your response was to each of the meds that are on his starter list.

Unfortunately, imo, there aren't any great new things available, just a lot of tweaking of what we already know. But Dr. Goodman is smart, compassionate, patient, and persistent. We especially like him because he doesn't just throw a lot of meds out there. He is very thoughtful. And often meds work quite differently in combination with one another. So hang in there and be encouraged my friend! Let us know how your appt goes.

BTW, I think we might have been there the same day last week :) Tuesday?

Dianne