Low Blood Sugar And Pots???

Latacia

I hate going to the doctors office. It seems as though every time I go I am always finding out that something else is going wrong. So I went to my gastro last week and they called me today with my lab results and I was told my blood sugar was low. This is the second time that I have been told this and I am not a diabetic. How many people are there on here who have this same exact problem? I know pots effects the whole body but with everything that is going on I feel as though my body is falling apart.Not to mention my gallbladder is inflamed,not working properly,and is causing me alot of pain so I will be having surgery this week to have it removed. Anyway sorry I got off topic just had to rant for a minute. Thanks!

Oh yea, there's a group of us that have issues with low blood sugar! You can search for "hypoglycemia" in the search box above and find lots of our past posts on the issue. If you keep having low fasting blood sugar, that really needs to be looked at more in depth. Was it fasting? What were the numbers, out of curiousity?

I'm totally with you on hating to go to the dr. I have a list as long as my arm of tests I am supposed to do on a regular basis - things we are "watching." And I just don't even want to know at this point. If I can't see them, they can't see me, right?

Although I don't have an answer to your low blood sugar question, it's a topic that interests me and I appreciate your posting the topic. In one of my recent fainting spells, paramedics said my blood sugar was a little low - 62. This was not a fasting blood sugar. I wasn't sure what it meant and aside from forcing me to drink some apple juice and recommending I go home and eat, no one else had any suggestions either. (Well, they wanted to take me to the hospital, but I had recovered enough to fight that.)

I hope you feel better soon and that your surgery goes well, without any complications.

@Sue it was 58 and not fasting. I will be sure to look that up. Thank you. @Jenny Thanks, I hope everything turns out well too. Good luck with all of your test! :) I have so many things goin on with my body that its kinda hard to know what symptoms are coming from what problem.

Do you own a glucose monitor? It would be good for you to see what your sugar levels do throughout the day. Then, you can address that with your doctor and possibly do some in depth testing.

I used to get shaky, hot and anxious when my sugar dropped into the 50s. It's kind of changed in the last few months, and now I find myself "zoning out", yet alert at the same time. And, I get these seconds where it feels like someone took my battery out and quickly put it back in. It takes me a few moments to realize, hey, my blood sugar is low. I can 100% correlate those symptoms to hypoglycemia. It is getting scarier, as it happens so fast. I am afraid I will pass out home alone before I get sugar into my system.

I have a specialized test in a couple of weeks to look for something on my pancreas that might cause this scenario.

I hate going to the doctors office. It seems as though every time I go I am always finding out that something else is going wrong. So I went to my gastro last week and they called me today with my lab results and I was told my blood sugar was low. This is the second time that I have been told this and I am not a diabetic. How many people are there on here who have this same exact problem? I know pots effects the whole body but with everything that is going on I feel as though my body is falling apart.Not to mention my gallbladder is inflamed,not working properly,and is causing me alot of pain so I will be having surgery this week to have it removed. Anyway sorry I got off topic just had to rant for a minute. Thanks!

Hi Tee,

I have chronic hypoglycemia caused by hyperinsulinemia (overproduction of insulin). A GTT + insulin can find this. This can be caused by several things but in my case appears to have been from my caffeine intolerance and using caffeine several times a day to keep me going.

I was continually bumping my adrenals with caffeine and overworking my pancreas, etc when my body really just needed to rest. Even healthy people need to unwind ...

I have a thread here on what caffeine does to our bodies if you're interested.

IMHO, you may want to hold off on the gall bladder surgery and look for ways to heal your gall bladder instead. A freind of mine was being prepped for surgery when her labs indicated that she was a celiac. Her doctor told her that he suspected her gall bladder problems would heal if she went GF. I never took the time to google this but was impressed that her doc was aware of the connection.

I didn't know about this and had mine out. :( I was diagnosed as a celiac within 2 years of this.

tc ... d