My New Cooling Vest!

I received my Cooling Vest last week. Well, I had to TEST it out the day before yesterday TWICE!!!! Our Central AC had a part break so It took a couple of hours to get that fixed. I wore it and it kept me VERY COOL. It got to 82 in the house, but then cooled back down.

Later that evening we had a thunderstorm. NICE, since we are in a drought here. Well, nice until the electricity went off! Again, Cooling vest! I was so happy to have it. Came with wrist wraps and a neck wrap and two sets of ice packs for all.

polervest-1-1-1.jpg

They really are life savers aren't they? My ice vest was invaluable to me last summmer, and enabled me to be more functional than I would otherwise been been.

The only problem is that mine is very obviously an ice vest and I get looks and comments from people when out and about. People say to me "are you hot? It's not THAT hot!". My vest has bead crystals in it that need to be soaked in water then the whole vest needs to be frozen for hours before it is 'charged'. It's the same type that sportspeople and anthletes wear.

I like the look of yours because it looks like an ordinary vest.

Do you mind giving me details of the supplier, cost, etc?

Here you go!!!! It is soft. My hubby put it on top of me once yesterday when the elec. went out in the storm. I laid in bed. I am so happy with it all. I bought the whole package with accessories and extra ice packs. :)

http://store.polarsoftice.com/polarshop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=33&idcategory=14

Nice! I'm so glad you have a cooling vest to help you. They can make a big difference. Mine has been such a huge help to me. I will never do summer without one again!

I have a neck wrap and a vest, but I had never seen wrist wraps before. Those look great. How long do they stay cold for you?

Rachel

How long does this stay cool for you? I have been concerned that if I lose power I would be having a major problem without A/C. Would this be something I could use in that situation? I can not get hot or even mildly stuffy for even 5 minutes or I will fall apart and get near passing out.

The vest stayed cool for 3 1/2 hours. The wrist bands do not last long, just because they are smaller. The back of the neck ice pack didn't last as long as the front ones, my neck is very warm of course. But this set comes with all ice packs to replace! So as they warm, you can replace.

When the thunderstorm came and elec. was off, my hubby put the packs into the vest and it made a nice. COLD, soft blanket. He put it on top of me since I wanted to lie down.

It is a bit heavy, 5 or 6 pounds maybe, not sure. But with POTS I am sitting a lot anyway. Very nice company.

• 7 months later...

I have the wrist and neck wraps from this company. I'd definitely recommend sewing on the "missing" side of velcro on the wrist wraps - mine only stayed on for a couple of weeks since the fabric could no longer catch the velcro. As well, I found that a polyester sleeve was necessary around the wrist ice packs, otherwise the condensation on the part against my wrist was burning my skin (and it wasn't just my sensitive skin...my tough hubby found it very painful, too :). But overall, I found the wrist packs were fantastic, and bought me a little more time that I could be out!!