Mayo Fl - Dr. Flipse

GApotsie

So, I have an appointment at Mayo in Jax, FL to see Dr. Flipse. Has anyone seen him? The scheduler said that he works with Dr. Kusumoto and both treat various autonomic issues. I haven't read much about him online.

If he is a neuro that may be the same doctor that diagnosed erika in orlando as having stiff person syndrome. She mentioned she was trying to get in with him. When she mentioned she had been diagnosed she just said neuro, so I don't know for sure it is him. I do know they know how to diagnose autoimmune causes of pots though based on her experience. Last we heard her treatment plan was working.

• 6 months later...

I am going to Dr. Flipse at Mayo Jax on Wed 3/14. My current electrophysiologist just threw me to the wolves. Didn't explain much, and was very insensitive stating this is my life now, you need to deal with it. NO hope. That was very depressing to me. So I need to find someone who cares in South FL to treat POTS patients. Help

I saw Dr. Flipse a couple of years ago when I was first diagnosed with POTS. He was very nice and respectful. I was on metoprolol and Florinef at the time, and he didn't make any changes to my medications.

My experience with Mayo Jacksonville was that they were wonderful for diagnosis, but they did nothing for me in terms of treatment or follow-up. The only treatment that they offered me was a prescription for amitriptyline written by the neurologist. It didn't work for me, so I had to find another doctor to help with treatment. But if you live in Florida, then hopefully you will have a much better experience in terms of medication changes and follow-up. Good luck!