What Kind Of Pots

I have no idea what kind of POTS I have. The elecrophysiologist who diagnosed me said I have low flow POTS. He said he knows that because my heart rate went up ONLY fifty points during the TTT. This doesn't sound right to me. I don't know if my POTS is primary or secondary or hyperandregic (sp). Who knows what kind you have and how did you find out? It seems this affects the treatment and I am lost because so many doctors have suggested different treatments. I have not been able to find out what caused the POTS. The last theory was that it was idiopathic but I at least would like to know what kind I have.

ONLY fifty points??? That's a big jump. I jumped around 35 points on my TTT, and my b/p went up from very normal to roughly 170/110. I was told I had hyperadrenergic POTS. It doesn't matter that I have a label, as the couple of meds they offered were worse than the POTS, so I am back to square one. There are some on here that have great doctors that play around with different meds until they find one that might benefit them.

I don't know if this helps but I have hyper pots- diagnosed at mayo clinic by blood draws. Resting and then after walking a little.

My heart rate on the tilt table went up over 100 beats so maybe that will make you feel better? on meds it still will jump up 70 beats... from the 50's to the 120's. YUCK.