Got My Sleep Study Results

yuliya

The sleep study results should basically that I have a hard time falling asleep, what a surprise.

"The patient slept for 248.0 minutes. Sleep latency was prolonged. REM latency was prolonged. Sleep staging revealed a normal percentage of slow-wave sleep and a decreased percentage of REM sleep when compared to normal sleep stage distribution. The patient's sleep efficiency was poor."

Any one else have similar findings on there sleep study? What does slow-wave sleep and decreased REM sleep have to do with each other, and why do I have it?

Thanks for any help,

Yuliya

Well that's not all bad news, slow wave or delta wave sleep is non REM and is where your body repairs and regenerates itself. Delta wave and REM sleep are the most important for us, looks like you're getting enough delta wave sleep and only decreased REM amounts. So I guess it means you passed by the skin of your teeth......LOL. What drugs are they going to have you try to get you into those deep sleep stages sooner?