More Gut Stuff

lieze

So I had an uncomfortable reaction to apple tonight.

The episode lasted over an hour.

I was devastated since I have such a short list of safe foods.

I've been noticing symptoms with apple but wasn't sure-hoped I was imagining things.

I went into research mode and found an issue called eosinophils enteropathy. Where basically any portion of your GI tract can make an excess of white blood cells and see foods as a foreign invader and GI symptom and allergy symptoms will follow after consuming certain foods.

People with this condition often develop many allergies.

Issues seen with this include anemia, absorption issues and failure to thrive.

What was interesting tonight was after I recovered I tried to eat more ( different food ) and I got another reaction right away. BP and pulse shot up...scalp started itching...I feel itchy all over and my lips feel numb.

The other thing I noticed today that may have something to do with it was I had so much stress today with just everything going on. My parents and their issues, worrying about the kids, my overall state.

I think this may contribute to the excessive histamine release.

I wanted to share since many of us feel our guts are so involved.

Oh the thing I forgot to add was I really don't think I was reacting to the second food I ate at least I hope not...I just think eating stirred everything up again and made me symptomatic.

I could really use advice on this allergy stuff.

I am afraid I am going to be left with nothing I can eat.

I researched elemental nutrition tonight and so far have not been able to find a product without corn.

My bp's were really nice today 100/60 ish.

I think it was almost a month ago I was getting some freakish lows for me in the 80's systolic.

The thing is I was allergy tested but I react to foods that I did not show an allergy to-so that is the tricky part.

And my mom before she and my dad left to go grocery shopping and out to eat gave me the assignment of taking the kids to return their library books.

For one I don't really feel up to that-they wantedto get more books bless their hearts.

And my disability case manager tried to call me right before we were getting ready to take off so I just stayed put. When she got home right away she questioned the kids if I had taken them and I just told her look I have a situation here-disability is trying to call me and I don't really want to answer and say oh yeah I'm at the library with my kids when on my form I wrote I lay down most of the day.

I don't need obvious inconsistencies before I even get started here.

So I had stress and more stress on the home front with an unhappy hubby again and a pet cat who is urinating all over the house while I'm not there.

Hmmm. Two thoughts come to mind: Pork is naturally high in histamine, and as if that weren't bad enough, leftover meat of any type is a supposed no-no because it gathers histamine the longer it is left. Can't say that's your issue, but you never know. We can't win lol!

I hate to even type my list of safe foods for fear I'll jinx myself but here goes...rice, egg, milk, pork, hamburger?, lamb chop? banana, peaches, cherries.

I have some venison I have not tried yet.

? Mark on the lamb chop and hamburger because I did get some neuro/cardio type reactions with it.

For a variation I do banana bread with rice flour,

Rice puff cereal, rice pudding, I was juicing apple, cherry, and peach and eating them.

And I didn't mention I have an organic oatmeal cookie I can eat with wheat flour.

So I seem okay with grains, issues with fruits and veggies and okay with some meats.

I seem to do okay with the left overs.

I can't eat enough at one sitting to not have leftovers without getting terribly uncomfortable in my gut heart breathing centers.

And pork even though it's supposed to be a no no not just because of the histamine but also the sulfur-for some reason I tolerate it.

It is a roller coaster trying to figure out food allergies. I thought I was going to go nuts when I was in the thick of it.

I am pretty stabilized now, and I do believe that once my body got calmed down, avoiding too much histamine is important. Like you say, there is probably a threshhold that each person can tolerate.

Good for you to keep up the quest. Your list of safe foods isn't too bad. At one time I existed on peanut butter and applesauce!