Claritin

jenwic

Dr. Grubb thinks I probably have MCAD so he is trying out some meds to see if they help me. I started taking one Claritin per day and after a short adjustment period, my body seemed fine with it. Last night I added another Claritin at night. Last night I had a lot of trouble sleeping due to being tachy. Today I was tachy throughout the day. When it's almost time for the next Clartin I start to feel pretty good, but about an hour after I take it there goes my heart again. I'm wondering if my body will adjust to this soon. Did anyone else have this problem?

I reacted to Claritin and did not continue to try to take it.

Like you describe-I did not feel right until I felt it leave my system.

I am a bit hyper to begin with so I have difficulty with anything stimulating but if I remember right I felt like along with the tachycardia which I felt as soon as it hit my system like I was in a bit of a hazy uncomfortable fog.

Jenny, I know you know this but I wanted to mention for the others here that Dr. Afrin and his nurse both told me that new meds will stir up mast cells for the first couple of days and then after that they should settle down and the medicine will work (as long as you're not truly going to have a reaction to it.

I started taking claritin as you know and I took it for weeks and the reacting never stopped and it got unbearable. I since started zantac and the first time I took it I got a rash and swore it off. Well a month after that, I tried again with it and yes, I had the itchy/tight throat, itchy skin but I hung in there and it went away and the zantac does seem to be helping me now. The first few days are the worst and as long as I'm not chugging benadryl and having a near anaphylactic episode with a new med I try to hang in there.