Vandy Study

naomi!

so glad you posted this! As I was just thinking how poorly my cognitive abilities have become over the past 2 years. I find that everyday, all day long, when talking i cannot find words anymore???? Even really simple ones. My kids notice it.... everyone notices it and its so humiliating, as i was always a straight A student in HS and college. Although im not officially diagnosed with pots, both tilt tests were borderline... i do have pretty much all the same symptoms. I will have to bookmark this and keep up with it!!!

thanks so much for sharing!!!

tennille

I'd love to be in this study also, just last week I had an MRI to check for lesions. My brain fog has gotten progressively worse.

One point I want to bring up did you look at Vandy's criteria for POTS:

Postural Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) is a disorder that affects an estimated 500,000 people in the United States alone and is an important source of disability in young adults. It shows a strong predilection for females. POTS is a form of orthostatic intolerance characterized by an excessive increase in heart rate (>30 bpm) on assuming the upright position associated with orthostatic symptoms, but in the absence of orthostatic hypotension.

Also under the exclusions:

exclusion criteria

•Previously diagnosed with Axis I psychiatric disorder

•Previously diagnosed learning disorder

•Previously diagnosed attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)

•Prior psychosis

•past or present substance abuse

History of loss of consciousness

•History of seizures

Is Vandy now pushing orthostatic hypotension and loss of consciousness into NMC or NCS? Or do they only want pure POTS patients for this study? It's very nice to see someone separate the two :D