Hi I Am New Here, A Few Questions??

Jlynn

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with probable MS and I'm told that it is effecting my atomic nervous system,

and that is why I keep getting low blood pressure. It usually runs 80/40, to 100/50 and normal ranges at times.

the lowest ive ever seen it was 48/30 (I really hope that was a mistake but I'm not sure)

I've had memory lapses with my bp dropping so low, sometimes my own house looks different to me. has anyone else ever experienced this?

I was wondering if there is anything that I could

change in my diet to help increase it?( I add extra salt to just about everything) Also I was put on midrodine a few months back, it was 10mg, but since I am sensitive to stuff I broke it up into

quaters and took it, it shot my bp way up to around 200/150 when standing. .. This time they called in a lower mg 2.5 that I am probably going to start in a few days but I'm worried its not going to affect me right.

there are times when I'm thinking of something, and almost 2 seconds later question what I was thinking/saying

I've also seen flashes of people when its too low. I'm only 28 so this is all very scary. I brought this all up to my doctor, who didnt really say anything, but I seriously think I have

brain damage, or the start of dementia from my bp. anyone who has experience with this please help!

I have had the memory lapses you had and weird little episodes like I blank out for a minute. It seems like time just stops, but after that I am fine. I don't know if mine was caused by low pressure but its possible. I really don't know what to suggest to make it better. My symptoms seem to cycle all through the month. some weeks are horrible then I will get a week or a few days where I can function somewhat better.

Have you tried compression hose? They've helped my BP issues more than anything else. You can always start with hose like Sheer Energy which offer compression of 10mmHg or so.

no I haven't tried the hose yet, well I did wear over the counter kind and they dont stay on, so my next step is to go and get fitted. hopefully that helps some

You didn't say if you are taking any meds? My son had severe memory lapses. His homebound teacher commented that he seemed like an alzheimers patient! We were very worried also. Once the Dr. put him on florinef and midodrine he really improved and memory lapses are rare and very mild. Also, he would remember the things he was having trouble with later, which was a little reassuring that the info was there, he just couldn't access it for awhile. When you get your symptoms more stabilized you will feel better!

You didn't say if you are taking any meds? My son had severe memory lapses. His homebound teacher commented that he seemed like an alzheimers patient! We were very worried also. Once the Dr. put him on florinef and midodrine he really improved and memory lapses are rare and very mild. Also, he would remember the things he was having trouble with later, which was a little reassuring that the info was there, he just couldn't access it for awhile. When you get your symptoms more stabilized you will feel better!

No not taking any meds as of yet. I did try a small peice of 10mg midodrine once a few months back and it shot my bp way too high

so I'm going to break a 2.5 mg in half tomorrow and hope that it helps, I think a lot of it not working the first time was me being worried, over taking

a new medicine. I've also heard that it can lower your heart rate, and there has been a few times mine has dropped into the 30's on its own..

so that worrys me a bit as well, but im going to try it anyways.

I've notice when it gets under control I feel a lot more normal, so I really hope it helps

Thanks, I will look into getting that next time I try the stockings