Achy/cold

I searched the Forum and found a thread back in '04-'05 about this but it didn't appear anyone else was cold. Wanted to get some new feedback.

Is anyone else achy and can almost never get warm? Literally, it is 78 degrees in my house but I am freezing. The only time I get warm is when I sit directly in the sun or take a hot bath. Yesterday it was 84 degrees and here I am in the hottest bath I could stand?? And my legs have really started to ache lately?? Anyone else?? Plus the itching....this too, is newer??

I read Sue's post about seeming always warm?? Can anyone explain?

Yep, I'm sitting at the computer right now with a blanket over my legs. I always wear a sweater in the house as well. Just in the past week, when I go to bed at night, I'm freezing. I've been too sick to remove the electric blanket, so I've been turning to blanket up to 4 to get warm. Don't know what's wrong with me either-- I get goose bumps too. Weird.

Hi,

I swing both ways lol! When everyone is freezing I a in a t-shirt and opening all the windows. When everyone is complaining about the heat my hands are blue and I shiver with the cold.

My husband calls me the lizard because like you I only ever feel warm if sat in the sun! I have to have direct heat applied to my body to make it warm up. Ive always been like it although its getting worse. Even lying in the sun I will be in a thermal vest, t-shirt, sweatshirt and a blanket over me. It takes hours for me to feel comfortably warm. It seems like theres no halfway where I actually feel the correct temperature.

Its an ANS fault and my sister suffers with it in the same way.

Rach

Oh yes, very common symptom for me. And my temp can be perfectly normal, but I still feel cold. When I was at my worst, I had a body temp of 94.3 and had shaking chills so bad I shook the gurney. To top it all off, my PCP thought I didn't know how to read a thermometer. I mean, spare me.

i may be repeating myself :) but for me mestinon was the miracle temperature regulator. like you i've been terribly cold not able to keep myself warm whatever or howmany clothes i was wearing. used to take a hot bath every day at noon, dressed warmly after that and went to bed to stay warm for a few hours.

as soon as i started mestinon i felt warm again and could keep myself warm (or actually the mestinon kept me warm) for about 4 hours. after it wore off i got cold again. taking mestinon 3 times a day (built up to 120mg a time) i was much much happier temperature wise. i think it could work the other way around (keep you less hot) but not sure about that of course.

hope this helps, take care,

corina :)

rockiesgirl, when i first started it i had a little itching which went away after a few weeks but most important i had to use a stomach protector which kept me from stomach problems. this way i could tolerate it quite easily!

the flue like symptoms momtogiuliana describes kept coming (about 4pm on an almost daily base) but to me were way different than constantly feel so very very cold.

take care,

corina :)