Lexapro Question

For those taking Lexapro and finding it helpful for boosting BP...what has been your experience through the first few weeks? I started Lexapro 2 weeks ago...and my BP right now is just awful for me (100's/60's), and I have lot's of nausea. Did any of you experience this in the first few weeks...and did it resolve after it eventually "kicked-in"?

Just trying to make sense of whether Lexapro will eventually help or not...

You have to give it about 4-6 wks to see if it helps your symptoms or not. Lexapro was the only drug that greatly helped my pots. With any SSRI your body has to adjust to the serotonin and yes there are side effects that eventually go away after your body adjusts. I only took a small dose 5mg daily and that was enough to help my symptoms.

Oh yes my bp is up and hr is down. Acutally just went to a movie tonight for the first time in almost a year. I forgot to take my dose the other night, and acutally passed out from my bp being low. After my dose kicked in I was fine again. :] Im not cure or anything (far from it) but I am able to do a lot more stuff that I normal would not be able to without ti.

I tryed to take this for 4 days and I was absolutely miserable. :( Dizzy, nauseated, weird eye problems, dry mouth, heart rate fluctuations down to 34 bpm or up to 148bpm, exhausted & basically from the moment I woke up 'til the moment I went to sleep was spent Supine...hard to even go the restroom. I've spent so much time on the couch or in the bed these last few years I told my Doc that I wasn't willing to give up another 6-8 weeks of my life to 'see' if a drug might work or not.

But for some I see that if you stick with it, it helps! Good luck!!