What Moves This Quickly?

I don't get it...just 6 months ago I was getting the occasional palpitation with chest pain and some slowed digestion, which I thought was GERD at the time. I could eat pretty much anything I wanted ...although I'd pay for it with GERD if I wasn't careful...so I stuck with things like pasta, bagels, etc. Switched from Prilosec 20mg OD to Prevacid 60mg BID...which eliminated the palpitations (??) but made me anxious. Started Remeron/Clonazepam to battle the anxiety...which made me dizzy and gave me tinnitus. Stopped Remeron and tried Zoloft...which made me even more dizzy/anxious. Finally discover a bad gallbladder 2 months ago...and GERD disappears with great digestion for 2 weeks, and no heartburn despite reverting back to Prilosec 20mg...so I discontinue all meds (except Prilosec 20mg) and think I'm out of the woods. Not so.

Fast-forward to today...I'm incredibly dizzy/fatigued with high HR's unless I'm taking Florinef...very dry skin on arms/legs, VERY slow/poor digestion (can barely eat anything despite Domperidone/Ery). At least I don't have the horrific GERD anymore, but what gives? You guys are the experts...what can progress so quickly like this?

At least I'm scheduled to visit Dr. Watkins in Birmingham next week...but I'm getting pretty frustrated with this.

Oh Red- I am so with you. I got incredibly sick following my gallbladder removal- when was yours? I may be wrong on my time-line, but it took me 6 months or more to get back on my feet. Following the procedure, like you, I had a few great days, THEN the constant nausea, NO BM's set in. I was so nauseous, I couldn't move. One bowl of rice lasted me over a week (seriously.) I was barely eating. I was repeatedly hospitalized, etc. with high HR, almost immeasurable BP, No BM's, inability to eat, incapacitating nausea. Florinef & liquid erythromycin got me through. Then I started the MCAD regimen in earnest....I've been progressing ever since. You are not alone. Hope you can turn the corner.

Hugs-

Julie

I had my gallbladder removed last year, and it took me a good 6 months until all of the symptoms went away. My doctor said that for some people, it's a year or more until everything is back to normal. I was scared to eat much of anything, so I ate the same 'safe' diet every day for months. I would think you should be over the worst of it, and if you're having too many problems, at least you can discuss your problems at your doctor's visit next week.

Good luck, and let us know how you're doing and what your doctor says next week.