Weight Gain

So summer vacation in 4 wks away. I know I should be more worried about tolerating the travel and the heat. But I'm mostly planning on actually being "on vacation". I need time to do nothing, which for me is sitting by the pool and reading a book(as long as I can stay away from the migraines). However, since starting on all the meds in January I have gained almost 10 lbs. (sarcastically: apparently once you lower your heart rate into the "normal" range my metabolism has come to a complete halt.

Anyone been on a diet? Just would be happier 5 lbs less in 4 weeks.

Thoughts?

Jennifer

Last year, I lost 30 lbs. over the whole year just by cutting out 90% sugar and dropped half of my carb intake from leaving out flours(even gluten-free, I don't eat much breads, and really no baked goods). I eat meats, beans and any veggies, occasional brown rice, some fruits, and Lactaid milk. So, what carbs I get are decent, healthy carbs. I don't vary much from what I eat, because I can't cook much. The few "bad" carbs I eat, unfortunately, come from my Rice Chex in the morning, as I don't have the energy(or ability) to stand up and cook eggs or something like that.

So, my point is, I eat my one "bad" meal at breakfast, and the rest of the day is very low sugar and low bad carb, and I easily lost the 30 lbs. without ANY exercise of course! I am assuming it was easier to lose the weight because of the daily adrenaline, but not totally due to it, because I have had hyperPOTS for 5 years, and had been inching up weight-wise.

The increase in adrenaline causes more issues with insulin resistance, from what I know regarding people with pheos.

I can't gain a pound! I eat a very high fiber diet, raw veggies,fruit, whole grains. I stay away from all refine sugars and flours and eat a small amount of protein from small portions of meat. I eat small little meals five times a day with 20 onces of water with each meal. I also try not to eat anything that is packaged that would contain any additives. Once one gets used to this it's very easy to maintain one's weight.

Maggie

I have also gained weight after a lifetime of eating huge amounts of anything. I think my heart rate was so high I just burned though calories. I am now trying to eat semi- low carb and that seems to help. I am also gluten free but I found it easy to put on weight off of gluten because my body was better absorbing what I was eating. Right now I am just eating well and keeping my weight in check. It is really had to diet when you have bigger issues to deal with. before I was on any meds I realize now I was too thin ( I miss those days lol ). make sure that your expectations are reasonable. I loved being thin and feel "fat" at normal.

I'm in the same boat as kayjay.

Well, I never ate very much because my stomach always hurt. Then I found out I had problems with dairy & have cut dairy out. In 2 months I gained 10 pounds, now I'm right on target of healthy weight for my height & age but am battling the fat thoughts :(

I hope you can find something that works for you