Dental Surgeries

Okay, I know I've been asking a lot of questions, but I feel like you all will have good insight on this!

I am getting my wisdom teeth pulled next week. I've had dental surgery in the past, and it was no big deal. But now... I just feel like it could go really well or really, really poorly.

Is there anything I should be concerned about? I'm mostly afraid that the pain pills and laughing gas (I forgot the actual name) will make me sick, but there;s no real way to test that.

And also, were you able to walk after? Or should I bring a back up, like a wheel chair, stronger person than my mom, ect.

Can't be more painful than what I've already felt with POTS, just worried that I'm going to miss something important.

I would definitely have someone there with you to drive you home! I could hardly walk after they did my wisdom teeth, but then I had conscious sedation when they did them. In fact, they wouldn't let me have the procedure done unless someone with there with me. I'm a dental phobe and almost always use nitrous oxide for dental work, and that makes me pretty dizzy, too. I must say I had a lot of fun with the whole wisdom teeth experience....I had two impacted on the bottom, and an extra pair of wisdom teeth on top, making a grand total of 6 w-teeth! I guess that's what makes me sooooo wise (HA!)

Also, I'd make sure to have some applesauce, pudding, Jell-o around the house to eat on the day of and while you're still sore.

Please let us know how it goes, and best of luck!

Jana

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would update everyone on how things went.

I didn't request the shot without epinephrine, which was a mistake. I had read that mixing propranolol and epi was dangerous, but I figured he'd only use a little, and I only take a little. Anyways, they kept the heart/ bp monitor on the whole time, so after the first shots, my HR and oxygen stats went way down and my blood pressure went way up. Freaked them out to no end... but then it got better. I was relieved that the two doses were so low that it was okay.

I haven't fainted yet, so that's always a good sign.

I found out I'm allergic to the vicodin they gave me, but I was half expecting that anyways. So that's all! Still walkin!