Concentrations Of Serum Nitric Oxide In Pots

Yes, there is a good amount of evidence that NO modulates (helps to temper) mast cells, BUT also evidence that increased NO can be found in allergic and asthmatic reactions. Also, there is evidence that NO prevents mast cells from dying off, which is a natural and necessary process... There seems to be evidence that NO is both beneficial and perhaps harmful. I was just trying to point out that it's perhaps a more complex process than simply raising NO.

Monitoring the allergic inflammation

P Venge - Allergy Frontiers: Diagnosis and Health Economics, 2009 - Springer

... Rheumatology (Oxford) 38:1249–1254 17. Dahlen SE, Kumlin M (2004) Monitoring mast cell

activation by prostaglandin D2 in vivo. ... Allergy 55:442–448 19. Alving K, Weitzberg E, Lundberg

JM (1993) Increased amount of nitric oxide in exhaled air of asthmatics. ...

Early rise in exhaled nitric oxide and mast cell activation in repeated low-dose allergen challenge

from ersj.org.ukE Ihre, P Gyllfors, LE Gustafsson… - European Respiratory …, 2006 - ersj.org.uk

... O'Sullivan S, Dahlén B, Dahlén SE, Kumlin M. Increased urinary excretion of the ... 9 alpha, 11 beta

prostaglandin F2 after aspirin challenge supports mast cell activation in aspirin ... Reproducibility

of exhaled nitric oxide measurements in healthy and asthmatic adults and children. ...

[u][b]Nitric oxide protects mast cells from activation-induced cell death:[/b][/u] the role of the phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase-Akt-endothelial nitric oxide synthase pathway

[html] from jleukbio.orgT Inoue, Y Suzuki… - Journal of leukocyte …, 2008 - Soc Leukocyte Biology

... 4. Kinet, JP (1999) The high-affinity IgE receptor (FcεRI): from physiology to pathology Annu.

Rev. ... J. Physiol.276,G315-G321[Medline]. 7. Coleman, JW (2002) Nitric oxide: a regulator of

mast cell activation and mast cell-mediated inflammation Clin. Exp. ...

Sorry the taurine isn't living up to the hype. Lots of good thought and prayers for your Dad.

Julie

Well, about decided not to take the Taurine. It made me feel more fuzzy headed, gave me hot flashes and just generally felt unwell. I have never been able to take any amino acid I've tried to take. I don't know if my body doesn't process protein correctly or break it down properly. That's the only conclusion I can come to about the aminos. I cut it down to a very, very small amount and the results were the same. Reading about this supplement - sounded perfect for me - but my bodies response wasn't what I'd hoped for. I think just the Vit C and E, That seems to be the best thing for me - so far. I have also found that Olive Leaf is a good thing - it helps with NET function. I also take a B-Complex and Vit D. I'll stick with these things for now.

Experiment over!

I won't begin to say that I know anything about NO and mast cell disorders. Research is contradictory at best & clearly more needs to be done. But, when I do a search of mast cell activation and POTS, I literally get hundreds of links to studies connecting the two. Granted, many refer to the Vandy Research by C Shibao, C Arzubiaga, LJ Roberts, S Raj…, BUT the research didn't begin NOR end with them by any means:

http://scholar.googl...2C11&as_sdtp=on

What I also find interesting is the fact that among the DXed mast cell disorder population- almost everyone has POTS/NMH as a symptom. These may be cormorbid conditions (highly unlikely!), but many researchers believe otherwise.

HR & BP variations (worsened by postural changes) are well documented symptoms of mast cell disorders. http://tmsforac.ipow...ev/archives/179

• 1 year later...

That one worked. I haven't looked at all of it yet. But, I think that there is another thread that has this on there. Potluck has done a lot of research on the sun and benefits that it gives to people. He found that it is very helpful to him. You might look up his thread on this. You'd probably find it interesting.

Issie