Symptom Variability

I am finding that several patterns are beginning to emerge from the miserable chaos of this. I have a much worse time during the two weeks on either side of my period and am generally worse in the mornings. But I have also now noticed that during my better two weeks, I seem to alternate days - one day I feel better, can manage some exercise and light activity, or go to an appointment without feeling too horrid the whole time. But then the next day I am back to feeling really bad and everything is a struggle. Then, another better day and so on. Does anyone else experience this? Please tell me it's a stage on the way to more than seven tolerable days a month :rolleyes:

Oh honey, you don't want to hear this...it's a stage- on your way to menopause :D . Seriously. My symptoms got so much better once my menses stopped. I am on a bio-identical hormone patch and have never felt better- more even keeled, less symptomatic than ever in my life. I used to feel awful about 10 days before my period and them during it, I would have horribly severe symptoms. The two weeks following my cycle were the only days in the month I felt like me.

As far as a good day, followed by a bad day, etc. That is a common cycle in CFS. We feel good- we over do- we pay. And the beat goes on... Maybe try to take it easier when you feel good and see how the next day goes.

Hugs-

Julie

Sarah,

I am finding myself in the same position lately. I had been feeling pretty well for months, and now lately I am sometimes unable to finish a yoga class. I just started PT for fibro and I am even feeling too weak to get through it. I crashed really bad today right afterwards, with a 96 degree temp, chills and lightheadedness. I just feel so fragile, so different from my former self.

However, yesterday was wonderful and I felt almost normal. It is maddening. I am also wishing this is a phase, and a fast one to boot. I hope you feel better soon.