Weird Right Side Chest Pain?

enko

From time to time I get right side chest pain. It's dull and deep, but in some short periods it gets to be stabbing and sharp. It's always on the same spot. GP says it's just a strained muscle (?!) and neuro won't even talk about it. Chest x-ray showed nothing. Could it be neuropathic pain? Any of you have some similar experiences?

Hi,

I get the right sided chest pain and I also get it centrally. I never get it on the left side like a lot of people do. I tried to tell myself it was indigestion but the indigestion remedies do nothing. I always feel really potsy when I get it so I know it must be related. Very odd but thats me all over!

Rach

:( It's really depressing :( I tried to talk about that pain with few doctors but they say it's nothing and DON'T EVEN WRITE IT in their reports. My GP said "I don't know what's wrong" and then didn't even bother to send me to neurologist or pulmologist or someone whatever. I don't know to whom am I supposed to tell about that d**n pain any more, since my GP is looking at me as I'm crazy <_<

On another side, I can THANK YOU ALL because now I know that it's not just my mind playing tricks with me, that pain really exists.. Sometimes it's combined with fever (nothing too high), and it really bothers me :angry:

Enko the first thing i thought of when reading your post was Costochondritis too! I experienced a severe bout of this just a couple of weeks before my diagnosis of POTS....v uncomfortable and it seems to come and go a bit since althou not as severe as that first bout. Lotsa anti-inflammatories if your able to tolerate them...was the only thing that helped for me! Takes plenty of time to subside if this is what you are experiencing.

If you press down your chest where your ribs connect to sternum you may feel particularly painful areas, may be swollen a little to this would be a sign it is costochondritis....hope the pain subsides soon for you!

S-pot,

yes I guess that is what it is.. I'm just thinking about how to say it to my GP in a way that he won't misunderstand me (I'm not trying to do his work) :D Couldn't they figure a bit more pronounceable name? Chr what..? :lol:

Thank you all, I feel much better now :wub: :wub: :wub:

I've had sternum pain for about 6 months now, and I'm pretty sure it's costochondritis. It started with a feeling like I need to pop my sternum, but it just would never go. After doing yard work the other weekend it got a lot worse, and now it's tender to the touch and hurts a lot when I twist or put my arms over my head.

I'm pretty sure I have EDS too, so I've been reading up on some of the EDS forums about it and it's pretty common with that. Everything I've read is advising NSAIDs, heating pads, and muscle relaxers to help.

• 6 years later...

A little late in the day but I myself was looking for an answer to this a few days back. So want to spread whatever little wisdom I have gained in the few days. In my case, it was nothing but simple indigestion. It got me worried a lot initially and whomever I'd ask, would tell me to get a proper checkup done. 

I then researched up a bit and found out that it can be because of a variety of reasons, some of them not being harmful at all. But in some cases, if the pain persists, it might actually be pointing to something as serious as liver inflammation, bronchitis or infection in your gallbladder.

Checking out this should help you understand your condition.  Chest Pain on Right Side