Does Anyone Get Hives???

jodielynn

Another question do any of you get hives? I have had a bunch of allergy testing and nothing game back bother some. However every once an awhile, like right now I get hives. I also posted yesterday about getting foggy eyes,I am wandering if maybe I am just going through one of "rough" spells.

Thank you all

jodie

Hi Jodie. I do - the dermatologist I see says they are Dermatographic and Cholinergic Urticaria. I get very flushed and splotchy if I am stressed, emotional or warm (and in many other circumstances too). For me it seems to be part of Mast Cell Activation Disorder. If you haven't looked into that, a good place to start is the article "Hyperadrenergic POTS in Mast Cell Activation Disorder" (Shibao et al, 2005), and then you can get more info about MCAD from www.tmsforacure.org.

I get hives. Mine have gotten much better since I started the histamine free diet. Definitely read the article Sarah4 mentioned for you. As she said go to TMSforacure.org and look at the symptoms. Very enlightening. I have actually got unexplained hives for years, come and go, since I was a child. I definitely think you should try to have some blood work done for your tryptase level and whether it's normal or not try to get the 24 hour methylhistamine urine test.

Hives here too. I'm also DXed with MCAD. I have had allergy testing several times and, just like you, I'm allergic to nothing :blink: . I take MCAD meds and my hives have improved a lot.

Sarah's advice is right on the money.

All the Best-

Julie

They put me on oral gastrocrom, allergra 24/7 pro air only when I can't breathe, as I get too tachy, flonase and stomach meds to handle the gastrocrom. I get the belly pain and deep bone pain, severe itching with dermographism and so on... ; (

bellamia ~