Dopamine - Kidney Receptors And Pots

issie

• 7 months later...

Issie,

if this is the study involving the use of carbidopa its effects on kidney dopamine and subsequently on kidney sodium excretion, then the study has started in 2008 and will not be completed until 2015.

Alex

PS I know I'm not Rama, but I haven't seen much of him around lately

Still thinking somehow the kidney function is involved with all this - not figuring out the connection. Have to keep digging.

Could you please list some of the sites for the new studies on this? Thanks lots!

Issie

Issie

Hey Issie, have you read my post on check your kidneys? I posted a bunch of links throughout that and some have to to with the renin, aldosterone, angiotensin system which is kidney related and related to the norepi/epi/dopamine/pots systems. I was diagnosed 4 years ago with pots. Just found out i dont have pots. I have a dropped kidney. when the kidney falls-because i stand- it causes an increase in norepi (hyper pots-like) and a lower, but still an increase in epi (i forget how high epi went but it increased) and dopamine(went from undetectable to around 30). It has to do with the arteries and veins being stretched and causes the body to think it is bleeding out so the body reacts by increasing your catecholamines to keep blood flow to the essential organs-mottled skin-pooling-hr increases-breathing issues and all the rest. I was diagnosed with pots, neuropathies and dysautonomia before this was figured out. Ill be having the angiotensin system blood tests soon also and am probably going to have the biopsy done too to see if my neuropathy goes away too after the kidney is fixed.

just googled kidney+dopamine and found a bunch. not sure if its what your after, but interesting: http://www.uptodate.com/contents/renal-actions-of-dopamine

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9675540

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12563019

Yes, maia, I've been following your thread. Commented on it at least once. I have kidney issues and talked to my nephrologist about you. With my having EDS - there could be a chance of that. But, he checked me out and doesn't think this is an issue. However, he does think that because I have symptoms when I lie on one side - it could be somewhat moving and compressing on something -- only one way to find out with a sonogram with lying on that side to see if there is movement. But, because I have EDS and POTS - he said unless it was really disabling --he would NOT want to do any sort of surgery on me because of the potential problems. I have low renin and aldosterone levels and also Chronic Kidney Disease (but, that is improving with my diet change). I'll look up the links you posted. Thanks!

Thanks Alex for responding. Yeah, Rama seems to be in hiding. :) I'm sure everyone misses his input. He has a brilliant brain and is a wealth of knowledge.

Issie

Oh sorry Issie! Yes, i know you have read and commented. Brain fades lately with all this. Im so sorry. Interesting about the one side thing. Im now thinking that when i sleep on my left side it causes issues-only because i started trying to sleep on my right and feel better when i wake up and am still on that side, lol. Sorry for the unintended hijack also. Im going to as my doc about dopamine also. If he says anything interesting ill let you know. Im so glad to hear your still improving with your diet! Yay! go you! :)

• 4 years later...