Wow!

kellieb

This is the Dean of Students here at the medical school. He called me tonight Said he will get me into the head card doctor. I told him i tried i couldnt get in in time. He said you dont worry about that i will get you right in. Then he said there is another Doctor who is doing research on this. he has 4 grants!!! I did delete my personal info. so it may look a bit funny :P

--- On Tue, 3/15/11, kellieb > wrote:

To: "Churchill, Robert" <ChurchillR@health.missouri.edu>

Date: Tuesday, March 15, 2011, 5:27 PM

Yes Sir i would like that very much. Please let me know how to go about it. My phone number is :P i deleted this part. or if you would prefer to go thru email that is fine aswell.

Sent from my HTC smartphone on the Now Network from Sprint!

----- Reply message -----

Date: Tue, Mar 15, 2011 6:44 pm

Subject: Research

To: "Kellie B"

Yes to both questions. We do research in this and we have a cardiologist who knows about and treats this condition. I can facilitate you being seen here if you like.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 15, 2011, at 2:54 PM, "Kellie B" > wrote:

Dr Churchill,

I was recently diagnosed with Hyperadrenic Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. I'm

a 32 year old single mother of one 6 year old. With a past history of Pseudotumor cerebri. This all

started with the pregnancy. I have 2 reasons for emailing. The main reason is research. Not

many doctors know about this disease. Or what all it consist of. Its very complicated. especially

the Hyperadrenic Version. Do you by chance have a research program related to anything about this?

If so i would LOVE to be involved. In one way or another. My Second reason for emailing is actual

treatment. I recently started seeing Dr Pierce from Missouri Heart Group. He specializes in POTS

But not the hyperdrenic version. Do you know of any Dr's close to columbia? Time is critical

for me. As i will lose my insurance within the next few weeks. My FMLA is about out. Thank you

for your time.

Kellie Beran

So happy that you got a quick response! Hope it gives you the help you need!

Sandy

Yes is very exciting yet nervous. I also did research for the peusdotumor. Which is also kinda rare. The Administrator already sent me a email this morning wanting all my contact info. Things seem to be moving pretty quickly. Anything new i find out etc i will be glad to post as it comes in. I know it sounds weird. But i think we learn more and more from eachother each day. IT comes with so many things. I'f doctors were to look at this forum i think they would learn alot. Just from actually listening to the patients. I guess i should be thankful that im a very stubborn women.

I will not take not for a answer. Even if they find out just one new thing from me. It would all be worth it.