Skin Issues

schamsjj

Hi All,

Does anyone have noticed that their skin has more fine wrinkles since their illness started? For instance my skin under my nails is very wrinkly and sensitive, and my nails on my hands and feed are lumpy and have vertical ridges now.

The skin on my feet is also very dry and thin, and I've really been noticing the pooling down their lately. It turns more purple and my heart just feels weaker, ya know? All of this with a lot of head pressure which i'm assuming is from very poor circulation.

I'm getting so tired of my doc thinking its all anxiety now, I just want to go in and demand a lumbar puncture, and actually see an Endo for once!

Jared

Having had a lumbar puncture last week, and a resulting spinal headache that lasted about 6 days, I can promise you that you do NOT want to volunteer for a lumbar puncture! I have had a total of 6 of them in the last 3 years or so, and have had resulting spinal headaches twice. And it is my experience that the worse your overall POTS symptoms are, the more it compounds the spinal headache. (Which is also positional, worsens upon sitting up or standing.) I have noticed issues with my skin of late, it seems to be much more fragile than it used to be, and thinner. But I also had a hysterectomy about 2 months ago, so I am not sure if this is a POTS issue, or a hormonal issue.

In any case, I have been slathering on the moisturizer, and hoping for the best!

Sandy