Anyone Where A Heart Rate Monitor

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone wore a heart rate monitor? The kind around the torso hooked to a watch. My HR seemed to be all over the place so my husband had me put on his HR watch. I called my Dr. to let her know that my HR is all over the place. In the afternoons it goes down to the 40's, but then this morning I woke up and it was 91, stand up and its 135, take shower and it's close to 150. It was hanging around 70 when I bent over to pick up a bag, blacked out, caught myself and it was 147. My bp's usually hang around 100/60, but go to 84/46 with a resting pulse of 90.

So my Dr.'s response was to up the Midodrine. It just kinda freaks me out when my hr is in the 40's and 50's, makes my chest feel heavy. Scares the he** out of my husband too.

Thoughts???

Thanks so much for all the support. Still trying to get things under control.

I think many of us start out that way.

I hate to tell you this but being on no meds the way I control my vital signs is to control my activity which means a lot of sitting and laying around.

No more showers here too scary-just wasn't worth it.

I take baths and require about a 40 minute time out after to get over the dilation that occurs from the warm water.

My vital signs seem more stable in the evenings and I generally feel better getting up and around then.

It is good to stay active.

When your vital signs get wacky try taking a rest until you get balanced a bit if you can.

Good luck ; ).

I wear one. I don't look at it unless I am having some concerning symptoms. I've determined that my goal is not to have perfect vital signs my goal is to feel well. I've noticed my heart rate does drop in the 40's at times. I'm

more likely to black out if my heart rate is really low before I stand up. I tend to get lightheaded when my HR goes above 130. I also only check my BP if I'm feeling bad or adjusting meds. Otherwise it just stresses me out. It's difficult to know what to be concerned about when all the #'s are so abnormal. I have an implanted recorder as well and that makes me feel a little better because I know if there are any life threatening rhythm problems they will most likely be recorded.

Brye

I think many of us start out that way.

I hate to tell you this but being on no meds the way I control my vital signs is to control my activity which means a lot of sitting and laying around.

No more showers here too scary-just wasn't worth it.

I take baths and require about a 40 minute time out after to get over the dilation that occurs from the warm water.

My vital signs seem more stable in the evenings and I generally feel better getting up and around then.

It is good to stay active.

When your vital signs get wacky try taking a rest until you get balanced a bit if you can.

Good luck ; ).

Hi Lieze

when you say dilate from warm water, what is that???

On the monitor side, I am after a good one as am planning to take up exercise (haha) and feel I will def need to have one of these as heart rate goes mad just by walking up 14 steps! Is it ok to exercise with this pots thing??

It causes my blood vessels to dilate to be in the warm water.

The warm bath is very soothing and comforting.

I just have to lay down after and let my body cool after and blood vessels constrict again.

If not my heart has to work too hard.

Pulse goes high and get very tired very quickly trying to walk around that way.

You can exercise with POTS. I don't work out without my HR monitor. I wait to move on to the next task until my HR drops below 100. I also take a break when it goes over 140 because that's when I start to get really light headed. I'm not suggestion you use those #'s for you. You have to try it and see how you feel to figure out what your ideal #'s are.

Brye

Hi,

I have a monitor and wear it all the time.

it means i know what is happening in my body and gives me a sense of control. It makes me feel calmer and takes the uncertainty away.

I get chest pain if my heart goes too fast so mine is set to go off over 120. but if i was exercising - something i have not done yet - i would set it to about 140.

They are great - i assumed lots of pots people wear them.

Best of luck.