Inflamation

JAQUIROUIN

Not necessarily. But some forms of POTS appear to be caused by inflammation itself.

The subgroup of POTS that is hyperadrenergic caused by elevated angiotensin II levels causes inflammation as angiotensin II is pro inflammatory. On the other hand hypermethylation of the NET gene promoter and increased angiotensin II through impaired catabolism can be caused by inflammation - hence why most systemic autoimmune illnesses have autonomic disfunction or POTS as a secondary problem.

Add to that ginger for inflammation and olive leaf for any type infections, virus etc.

Rama,

I asked earlier, but haven't seen a response in regard to the hyper POTS and the possibility of using ACE inhibiters - I also saw that there is one that blocks the Age II. But, there is mixed feelings as to whether they should be used together for fear of heart attacks. Is the Age II that the doc. is experimenting with the better solution than the ACE inhibitor. It's not supposed to cause the cough, but can cause wild swings in bp. You seem very knowledgable in these things. I'm still learning.

• 2 weeks later...